Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the other day when I was trying to get my tuneboy software to talk to the bike, ( the IT jerks have totally stuffed up my laptop setting's and ruined my tuneboy software, god I hate them soooooooooooooooo much ) I noticed if I leave the ignition on, (as per the tuneboy instructions) with lights on and fuel pump primed for about 5 minutes the battery is so flat it barely lights up the LCD instrument screen!, anyone else have it draining the battery that fast?, I think I'm gonna bite the bullet at xmas and fit one of those exxy BUT efficient and powerful gel battery's, has anyone tried one?, I have a trickle charger, (Battery Doc) on it the whole time its parked with the off button pushed in)

Apparently the battery needs to be fully charged to load maps etc, unfortunately my system doesnt even work, let alone connect to the bike.

God damm, It looks as if i have to buy another cheap laptop just so I can use my tuneboy software due to all this admin security crap on my lappy now.
Seriuosly, I'd Tac nuke those Fuggers in IT if I had the bomb...

YOU HEAR ME you MOTHER %$#*)(@ !!!!!!!!!!!!!:blowup: :soapbox: :smashpc: :gulp: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
5,934 Posts
I replaced my original battery with a Dekka ETX9BS last weekend. It's never cranked so fast!
It costs about $160.
The alternative is a Yuasa YTZ14S. Even better CCA rating, but over $250.

That didn't actually answer your question, but I was just itching to tell someone.

·
5,934 Posts
I got mine from The Battery Factory, but there were a couple of places around here that stocked it.
And yeah, they're made in the The Land of The Free.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I replaced my original battery with a Dekka ETX9BS last weekend. It's never cranked so fast!
It costs about $160.
The alternative is a Yuasa YTZ14S. Even better CCA rating, but over $250.
Forgive my ignorance, but would a bigger better battery help with the clock resetting probem?

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not bigger

they wont fit, but more CCA (cold cranking amps) would certainly help, that and a decent electronics technician at the spanish factory that make them ;)

·
5,934 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but would a bigger better battery help with the clock resetting probem?
DBMG,
A bigger battery won't help,
but one that has a higher CCA WILL.
Probably won't solve the problem - for that you'll need my "Clock UPS", which has been working perfectly for months.

Nathan,
what do you mean "they won't fit"? I've been riding her for 2 days with the bigger/fatter one. (150x87x110 cf. 150x70x130 original) I mounted it with the terminals closest to the tail. It fits fine.

cheers
Errol

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
5,934 Posts

·
5,934 Posts
Dekka Battery Installation

take a piccy and put it on your site so I can have a gander :)
Here's the pix of the Dekka ETX9 fitted

Note terminal position.

Snug fit, isn't it.

(You can just about see the prototype Dash UPS at the bottom - wrapped in black tape on top of the ECU)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts