1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Group Buy ***CLOSED***!!!

***Group Buy will run until May 4th, 2008***
:D

Hi all…I am a long time member of Triumph675.net (Username: ShaneXman), and every now and then we have a Group Buy for the TuneBoy Engine Management System for the Triumph Daytona 675. However, this time around TuneBoy has asked me to include some other makes/models, which is the reason I have signed up for this forum. We are extending our special Group Buy offer to the members of this forum, and thought you would appreciate the opportunity to save on such a useful tool.

If you would like to read up on my reputation and previous Group Buys, you can find MANY of my posts on Triumph675.net.

Link: http://www.triumph675.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15708

Well, as you guys/gals are well aware, we have been trying to get together another TuneBoy Group Buy for some time now....and the good news is that all systems are a GO!!! :clap:

Back by popular demand, we are holding another TuneBoy Group Buy for the members of Triumph675.net & TriumphRAT.net, R3owners.com, t5net-forum.de, etc. As always, in order for the Group Buy price to be honored, we will need a minimum of 20 orders. :idea:

However, there is one slight change...

I have been able to work out the lowest price ever offered for a TuneBoy USB start kit, even lower than previous Group Buys.

From their site:

The TuneBoy USB starter kit provides everything you need to diagnose problems with your Triumph and includes one TuneEdit key to allow you to create custom maps to make your bike run better than ever. This kit works with the Sagem ECU on the older Triumphs and the Keihin ECU on the latest Triumphs.
For more info: http://www.tuneboy.com.au/

"Group Buy" Information and Instructions...

WHAT: One (1) TuneBoy Starter Kit consisting of the following:

- TuneBoy cable with USB plug for PC and the diagnostic plug to
connect to the wiring loom on your bike
- CD with TuneBoy Diagnostic, TuneEditor, DataLogger, tunes and documentation
- TuneBoy key for diagnostics on any Triumph
- 1 x TuneEdit key to create custom maps
- 3 x TuneBoy Stickers
- Zippered carrying case

*Software upgrades and maps can be downloaded from TuneBoy's webpage at anytime, at no charge.

SHIPPING: The price will include free shipping via air mail (5-14 working days to most parts / No Tracking #).
*EMS (International courier shipping / Includes Tracking #) available for an additional AU$30* (2-4 working days to most parts). Please email Emma at [email protected] for details.

COST: The price for this group buy will be AU$399 through TuneBoy's website directly (unique link to follow).

To Order, Click the following Link: http://www.tuneboy.com.au/BuyNow/GroupBuy.html

*NOTE*
Please be sure to add your Full Name, Shipping Address, and Phone # in the 'additional comments' or "Notes" field of your PayPal transaction to ensure that TuneBoy receives your shipping information.

IF you aren’t given the option for an 'additional comments' or “Notes” section during your PayPal transaction, you can simply email Emma’s TuneBoy address at [email protected] to verify that she did in fact receive all of your information. Please be sure to put “Triumph675.net Group Buy” in the subject line, and your information in the body of the email. Thanks! :2tu

”Other” Ordering Options:
If you would like to pay via International money transfer or COD within Australia, please email Emma at TuneBoy at [email protected] with your request, and put “Triumph675.net Group Buy #6” in the subject line.

Once TuneBoy receives ALL 20 Starter Kit orders, they will begin shipping the units directly to each individual buyer.

PLEASE keep in mind that units will not even begin to start shipping until ALL 20 orders have been received. As stated above, this is because for a “Group Buy” to occur, a bulk purchase must be made and thus all 20 orders must be placed prior to the price being honored. This is also the reason why we must limit the group buy to a 2 week time span, so it doesn't drag on forever, and the people who pay can get their TuneBoy kits in a timely manner (dependent upon 20 orders).

*NOTE - Re: Additional Keys*
A discount will not be offered on additional keys, but you can purchase additional keys on the Group Buy web page for AU$199 if you require them.

Once you receive your TuneBoy Starter Kit, there will directions as to how to retrieve your ECU serial number. Once you find out your ECU serial number, you will email it to TuneBoy with other requested information (detailed instructions are sent with the Starter Kit). He will reply with your key code number which unlocks your ECU and allows you full access and use.

Additional Information: AU$200 will be declared in the customs declaration. Invoice enclosed will reflect this - purchase will be broken down into AU$231 for the TuneBoy cable and AU$199 for key which is not enclosed in the box and will be emailed later.

Thank you...and happy Group Buying! :mrgreen:

P.S. - Once you have placed your order, please post up here so that we can account for you. Thanks! :D

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
The Benelli 1130 Tuneboy starter kit is already Au$399.00 as it does not have the diagnostic feature.
could you arrange a price that we could not refuse. The price you have for the 900's is very good.
I think Caferacer1130 might be in for one as well.

Paul

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Benelli 1130 Tuneboy starter kit is already Au$399.00 as it does not have the diagnostic feature.
could you arrange a price that we could not refuse. The price you have for the 900's is very good.
I think Caferacer1130 might be in for one as well.

Paul
Paul,

Unfortunately, the prices are what they are and TuneBoy is not inclined to lower any other prices at this point in time.... :doh:

·
Registered
26 Posts
why would you need one of these?

sorry to be a Benelli stickler...

but I work for Benelli and we have the Axone diagnostic tool and it can do anything you want in the hands of a skilled user.....
one of the great things of the Benelli is that you do not need a "power commander" type unit, it comes with a fully programable unit installed...
you just need the tool....
for a dealer, less than half the price of the Ducati one and five times less than the BMW one...... does the same thing......

If someone can explain how I am wrong I would love to hear it!

I have seen many a time how the Axone machine can tune a bike, better than a fish:rolling:

but really, what am i missing?

we have a very nice rip snorting cafe racer demo bike, a bike to make your eyes water powerfull fun holy cow bike... if they get beter than this..
sign me up!:clap: :ele: :bow: :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
Still tempted to get a power commander( after fitting on to an Aprilia RSV better throttle response etc) although the lack of downloadable maps puts me off but you can sell it on.... The Tuneboy is a great bit of kit but it is alot for a usb cable and software and key..........I appreciate the amount of work to produce the software but it is still alot of cash

·
Registered
26 Posts
more on the Axone....

in asnwer to the question, 'can it map' yes yesa yes, that is what it does, and a whole lot more, runs all sorts of diagnostics and can map to your hearts content.
If your Benelli is ever running rough, take it to your dealer and have them map it, they have the latest factory maps and a good mechanic can have you up and running in no time flat, those two plugs underther seat is all he/she needs to hook it up, the set it and forget it!
but no, it does cost a smidge over 399, a few thousand smidges....
but if you use it to tune your bike at tune up time, say four times at $100 per, you would spend less than that if you did all the tune-up work at home, plugs oil ect, and took it in for a tweak at the dealer four times....
i alway did that with my 190,000km K75, did every maintenace thingy myself exept I took it in for the valves, I only do valves on my dirt bike, I am weak:bawl:
maybe if you live in Tuktyuktuk (hope I spelled that right..) in Canada, or maybe if Dawin in Aus doesnt have a Benelli dealer, but what are the chances of that......
by the by,,, that railway go all the way up yet?

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
in asnwer to the question, 'can it map' yes yesa yes, that is what it does, and a whole lot more, runs all sorts of diagnostics
Paul
I think what the question meant was can you capture data, edit the data and create a map. Tuneboy can do this for $399au. But not for the non mechanically or computer illiterate inclined. This is for more serious business and wanabees (like me) Hard to beat that. Even the price is good but p*sses me off when they reduce the rate on the more expensive version and not the standard.
If it was not for software developers like Wayne we would not have computer toys like this.:bow: grovel grovel beg beg.

Do not do try this at home. Professional riders on closed course. :D

Oh I emailed tuneboy sales last week in connection with this group buy but have not had a reply. business must be very good!

·
3,085 Posts
highly recommend

i finally sourced a older lappy to suit my old style tuneboy RS232 serial port cable, instant connection and very very capable, the latest version even allows you to set the thermo fans on the 900 tornados :)

·
5,934 Posts
.. or maybe if Darwin in Aus doesnt have a Benelli dealer, but what are the chances of that......
No Benelli dealers in Darwin, or anywhere in Tasmania (motorcycling heaven) for that matter.
by the by,,, that railway go all the way up yet?
Yep, The Ghan has been going all the way to Darwin for some years now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts