Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Group Buy Closed!!! :ele:

Thank you to all who participated, this turned out to be a great Group Buy. Happy New Year! :p

***UPDATE***: This Group Buy will run until Christmas day (December 25, 2007), at which point it will be CLOSED. Get your orders in while you can. Thanks again!

Hi all…I am a long time member of Triumph675.net (Username: ShaneXman), and every now and then we have a Group Buy for the TuneBoy Engine Management System for the Triumph Daytona 675. However, this time around TuneBoy has asked me to include some other makes/models, which is the reason I have signed up for this forum. We are extending our special Group Buy offer to the members of this forum, and thought you would appreciate the opportunity to save on such a useful tool. Rest assured about purchasing through this Group Buy, because you will be purchasing DIRECTLY from TuneBoy themselves...just a heads up.

If you would like to read up on my reputation and previous Group Buys, you can find MANY of my posts on Triumph675.net.

Link: http://www.triumph675.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15708

BTW, software is available for Benelli Tornado 900, 1130 and TnT. The TnT/Tornado software is for TuneEditing only at this stage. TuneBoy Diagnostic will be added shortly (probably in a few weeks) :D

From their site:

The TuneBoy USB starter kit provides everything you need to diagnose problems with your Triumph and includes one TuneEdit key to allow you to create custom maps to make your bike run better than ever. This kit works with the Sagem ECU on the older Triumphs and the Keihin ECU on the latest Triumphs.
For more info: http://www.tuneboy.com.au/

"Group Buy" Information and Instructions...

WHAT: One (1) TuneBoy Starter Kit consisting of the following:

- TuneBoy cable with USB plug for PC and the diagnostic plug to
connect to the wiring loom on your bike
- CD with TuneBoy Diagnostic, TuneEditor, DataLogger, tunes and documentation
- TuneBoy key for diagnostics on any Triumph
- 1 x TuneEdit key to create custom maps
- 3 x TuneBoy Stickers
- Zippered carrying case

*Software upgrades and maps can be downloaded from our webpage at anytime, at no charge.

SHIPPING: The price will include free shipping via air mail (5-14 working days to most parts / No Tracking #).
*EMS (International courier shipping / Includes Tracking #) available for an additional AU$30* (2-4 working days to most parts).

COST: The price for this group buy will be AU$430 through TuneBoy's website directly (unique link to follow).

To Order, Click the following Link: http://www.tuneboy.com.au/BuyNow/ChristmasSale.html

*NOTE*
Please be sure to add your Full Name, Shipping Address, and Phone # in the 'additional comments' or "Notes" field of your PayPal transaction to ensure that TuneBoy receives your shipping information.

IF you aren’t given the option for an 'additional comments' or “Notes” section during your PayPal transaction, you can simply email Emma’s TuneBoy address at [email protected] to verify that she did in fact receive all of your information. Please be sure to put “Triumph675.net Group Buy” in the subject line, and your information in the body of the email. Thanks! :)

”Other” Ordering Options:
If you would like to pay via International money transfer or COD within Australia, please email Emma at TuneBoy at [email protected] with your request, and put “Triumph675.net Group Buy” in the subject line.

Once TuneBoy receives ALL 20 Starter Kit orders, they will begin shipping the units directly to each individual buyer.

PLEASE keep in mind that units will not even begin to start shipping until ALL 20 orders have been received. As stated above, this is because for a “Group Buy” to occur, a bulk purchase must be made and thus all 20 orders must be placed prior to the price being honored. This is also the reason why we must limit the group buy to a 2 week time span, so it doesn't drag on forever, and the people who pay can get their TuneBoy kits in a timely manner (dependent upon 20 orders).

*NOTE - Re: Additional Keys*
A discount will not be offered on additional keys, but you can purchase additional keys on the Group Buy web page for AU$199 if you require them.

Once you receive your TuneBoy Starter Kit, there will directions as to how to retrieve your ECU serial number. Once you find out your ECU serial number, you will email it to TuneBoy with other requested information (detailed instructions are sent with the Starter Kit). He will reply with your key code number which unlocks your ECU and allows you full access and use.

Additional Information: AU$231 will be declared in the customs declaration. Invoice enclosed will reflect this - purchase will be broken down into AU$231 for the TuneBoy cable and AU$199 for key which is not enclosed in the box and will be emailed later.

Thank you...and happy Group Buying! :D

P.S. - Once you have placed your order, please post up here so that we can account for you. Thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, I apologize in advance for this being my first thread on this forum...but other than offering you guys a killer deal on TuneBoy (per TuneBoy's request), I really don't have any reason to hang out. Thank you for understanding!

P.S. - You can also email TuneBoy directly to verify the validity of this Group Buy if you would like. :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up om that ShaneXman
I`m sure some will be up for that.

Hey Laurence (king of group buys!!!) someone else taken over your job!!!!
Dave
You got it bud! Glad I could give you guys the heads up, and I hope some of your members take advantage of this deal. Thanks! :D

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hey Shane..... Bugger off, I'm the only one that arranges 'Group Buys' on this Forum!!! :rolling:

Just kidding mate, hope you get loads of interest.;)

Interesting concept dealing directly with the supplier. Usually, I have to spend ages gathering all the confirmations from interested parties and then pay up front when I place the order before getting reimbursed from all the guys. Must keep this in mine for future efforts. :clap:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Shane..... Bugger off, I'm the only one that arranges 'Group Buys' on this Forum!!! :rolling:

Just kidding mate, hope you get loads of interest.;)

Interesting concept dealing directly with the supplier. Usually, I have to spend ages gathering all the confirmations from interested parties and then pay up front when I place the order before getting reimbursed from all the guys. Must keep this in mine for future efforts. :clap:
Oh man...I better run, I'm not used to being on someone elses turf! :doh: :ele:

Yeah, I am the Group Buy guy over on Triumph675.net, and I have tried a number of different ways of doing it...and let me tell you, this is by far the easiest way. :jig: Granted, there are a number of companies that require you to go through a dealer because the manufacturers don't want to step on the toes of their dealers. It varies from company to company. Thanks for the kind thoughts, and please spread the word. :lager:

·
340 Posts
The Tuneboy is a great tool. Also bought mine with the occasion of a Triumph675.net Group Buy a few months back(Tuneboy kit for the RocketIII and the cable adapter for Benelli with an extra key)

The best way to go for buying the Tuneboy is with this group (I have shopped around for almost an year but nobody can put together the number of the orders that Shane raises a few times a year aqnd Tuneboy seem to appreciate this) Did I say the Tuneboy is a great tool?

Among Triumph owners, this is probably how any tuning will start.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Tuneboy is a great tool. Also bought mine with the occasion of a Triumph675.net Group Buy a few months back(Tuneboy kit for the RocketIII and the cable adapter for Benelli with an extra key)

The best way to go for buying the Tuneboy is with this group (I have shopped around for almost an year but nobody can put together the number of the orders that Shane raises a few times a year aqnd Tuneboy seem to appreciate this) Did I say the Tuneboy is a great tool?

Among Triumph owners, this is probably how any tuning will start.
aquilla,

Thanks for the reinforcement and your kind words. TuneBoy told me this item was available for the Benelli's, and we were able to work a discount for you guys as well. As of right now it appears as though there isn't much interest, but hopefully some members will pick one up and spread the word on what a great tool this is...even on the Benelli. :bluesbros:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, software is available for Benelli Tornado 900, 1130 and TnT. The TnT/Tornado software is for TuneEditing only at this stage. TuneBoy Diagnostic will be added shortly (probably in a few weeks) :D

·
5,934 Posts
Hey Shane, there's not that many of us, and those who have the inclination, have probably already got one.

Patience my young Paduan.

cheers
Errol

·
349 Posts
Engenia,Could you explain to me why would we really need a Tuneboy or equivalent.When my Benellis are behaving themselves they run fine.Reliabilty has always been our main concern hasnt it?If i had to citicise the running of them i suppose it would be my TNT.The TNT is not as satisfying to ride flat out at the top end revs as the Tre.It is slightly wooly at the last 1000 revs.But i have always thought that a race exhaust would probably sort that out,what do you think?You seem to be a very knowledgeable chap of all things technical.Your thoughts please.From Zebo a very fast carrot cruncher from the west country of England that just loves riding the thing and not working on it!(Oh and by the way it must have 3 cylinders,but not the offroader Heh).

·
5,934 Posts
Hi Zebo,
I've worked on my own vehicles for just about as long as I can remember. After a couple of bad experiences, I just don't trust anyone anymore. So when I got a machine with an ECU, I was back to depending on others, if something went awry.

While working on Nelli one day, I managed to cause an ECU fault, but couldn't talk to it, so I was stuffed. I bought a Tuneboy.

If you don't work on your bike, you don't need one. If you do work on it, the only way to reset error flags, check the pump, fans ...., if you don't have an Axione, is to use a Tuneboy. Basically, it gives you peace of mind.

If you want to change the characteristics of your engine, you'll need the Tuneboy - and probably a dyno, or at least the ability to collect data.

I have plans to set up a dyno - in place of the rear wheel - chain driven. The Tuneboy will then be indispensible.

confused you?
cheers
Errol

·
340 Posts
Like always no one could have said that better...

I have seen dealers without Axone or dealers that couldn't properly use one. It is good to know what fault codes, map you have to cut the BS stories that dealers sometimes deliver to a not so good informed customer.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The tuneboy is normally £180 I dont think this is mega cheap or a massive bargin:doh:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
***UPDATE***: This Group Buy will run until Christmas day (December 25, 2007), at which point it will be CLOSED. Get your orders in while you can. Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
I can't believe no one is taking advantage of this deal... :doh:
Hey ShaneXman,
Just speaking to Wayne at Tuneboy with a few techie questions.
If I get the answers I want I will be joining in on the group buy.
Thanks for the heads up on this..........good deal.:clap: :clap:
Dave

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey ShaneXman,
Just speaking to Wayne at Tuneboy with a few techie questions.
If I get the answers I want I will be joining in on the group buy.
Thanks for the heads up on this..........good deal.:clap: :clap:
Dave
Good stuff bud. I hope he comes back with a positive response. ;) I hope to hear from you soon. :lager:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts