Benelli Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to adjust down my AIVC using the V3 of TB, how do I do it on the triuph screen, the old 2.4 had a up and down button, and a better layout, thie new version is on my work laptop and unfortunately I dont have security privileges to re-install the old one.
Also does anyone think that you could wire up a innovate gas sensor to the existing Tornado sagem ecu and would it appear in the TB logging program?

·
Registered
146 Posts
02 / Lambda Sensor

Hi RS,

I Believe the answer is yes -- you could connect a Lambda Sensor to your ECU, as the ECU already has pin-outs for a lambda sensor.

But of course the tune currently installed in the ECU would probably ignore it,
although I do believe you could see the readings via TuneEdit,TuneBoy, etc..

I remember reading the same question on the www.t595.net forum ages ago (since some of the Triumphs use the same ECU) -- so might be worth a look there .. or worth shooting an e-mail off to Wayne McDonald.

·
1,841 Posts
Hi Nathan, the v3 does not appear to have the air control valve stepper adjustment.(I have the latest version on this computor to have a look)
The ecu is capable of using a narrow band oxygen sensor to run in closed loop,(some triumphs do as terry says) But the software program required is not available.
Also does anyone think that you could wire up a innovate gas sensor to the existing Tornado sagem ecu and would it appear in the TB logging program?
To read the 02 present in the exhaust the innovate lc-1 (which is a controller) and a wideband oxygen sensor can be fitted.The controller gives a serial output, that if connected to the computor you are running tune edit on,will (providing you have set the properties window to the correct com port) show the 02 while the engine is running.
colin.
ps ..unfortunatly although Wayne has told me on several occation that he will enable datalogging for the Sagem (like the walbros do) he so far has not done so! I have givern up asking now. The datalog facility is apparently part of the program with the individual maps and I asked for 6103 6105 and also the latest tre maps.
Maybe If you asked Wayne in your native language he may actually enable it ? (JOKE) I must admit I thought a lot of tre owners would be very keen to datalog etc, but it seems not ????? prob why he has not found time to enable it yet.

·
5,934 Posts
... I thought a lot of tre owners would be very keen to datalog etc, but it seems not ????? prob why he has not found time to enable it yet.
I certainly was, but gave up waiting, and went the Motty route instead.

The Innovate LM-1 can be set up to datalog, if you add the LMA-3 to it. That'll give you rpm, temp, tp, etc., but you'll have to break into the respective wires in the loom. Tuneboy is much more elegant - if it worked :mad:

·
1,841 Posts
I certainly was, but gave up waiting, and went the Motty route instead
And I can fully understand !
It is very frustrating that the tuneboy software for the Sagem ECU can do 99% of what we need,but Wayne Macdonald I assume has more important issues to deal with.(thats our problem being so exclusive ie not a lot of us !)
I have datalogged in a different way and it is not as straight forward as you may believe, but to log all in one package would be a lot easier.
colin.

G

·
Hi fella's, Bit lost with this. Can i fit a lambda sensor to my tornado in conjuction with the standard sagum ecu then. If i do will it work and if it does wot difference will it make. Will i need to go to someone cleverer than me with a laptop to be sorted. Or should i just leave well alone. At present i don't want to spend loads of money on this. (doesn't look like my RS is going to sell for the rite money and i'm not giving it away)
Please try and answer in laguage that a div (me ) can understand, i get some of it then you all loose me.
Its at times like this i wished i'd listened at school

G

·
O GOD Y didn't i listen at school

And I can fully understand !
It is very frustrating that the tuneboy software for the Sagem ECU can do 99% of what we need
SO (HANG ON LADS THICKO STATEMENT HERE) Can we down load tuneboy software onto the standard sagum ecu. I thort we had to change the ecu altogether

·
1,841 Posts
Hi mate, basically no you can not fit a lambda sensor as the program that is installed on the ecu does not include input from a 02 sensor. The ecu in itself is capable of using a narrow band oxygen sensor to run in closed loop at parts of the map that suit, but not with Benelli software. The ecu is actually quite clever. it can with the right software run 3 different maps switchable by the rider ! (cannondale bikes used this)

·
1,841 Posts
Hi again, to let anyone know, the tuneboy software is not downloaded to the ecu. Tuneboy reads the ecu and can download new maps to the ecu. the sagem is a fully programable ecu. The ecu holds instructions (program) and they look to maps downloaded to make there calculations. I am not that good at explaining things unfortunatly.:doh:

G

·
Rite.. So tune boy software cannot be run on the sagum ecu. So wot software does errol run on his and has he changed his ecu.
I ran my own truck for a few years (7). the last 1 was a volvo FH12, i took that to Milton Keynes traction and they uprated the power from 380 to 500 bhp BUT put their own software into the ecu. So wen it went to Volvo for anything the engine ecu would not talk to their computers, can this not be done on the nelli's ecu
Is there a way to make the bikes throttle respose not quite so ON/OFF at lower rev's without spending loads of cash on it

·
1,841 Posts
Errols Motty is a system that uses information from a 02 sensor to identify the air/fuel mixture. It then modifiys the pulse width signal between the ecu and the injectors (similar to a power com) to modify the read 02 readings to achive the set readings of the user.
Tuneboy just alters the maps in the ecu to what is set by the user.
If tuneboy is used apparently it is not known by use of the Axone.(but who gives a s*** my warranty has run out.)
The reason why the throttle response is not that good at low revs is due to generally rich mixture,the injectors are oversized (dont ask !) and the injection uses just an alpha/numerical system.
colin

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Col

i bought TB straight away when i got the rs as there was no one in west oz to load the race map, ince them no one has been able to get a axone to connect to my ecu, so has using tb made a axone connection not possible now?

G

·
That would appear to be the case friend. Simply put Axone will not talk to TB. But has TB been worth it. Has it improved the bike :confused:

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
weird

as tb just loaded up a stock factory benelli map, I've adjusted the thermo fans setting and idle, and thats all? surely a axone can re-flash the ecu.

G

·
I would appear not, from wot i can make out the Axone set up seems very basic compared to TB. It'll only load pre written maps and cannot adjust anything so asking it re flash may be abit beond a dealer set up. (or i cud be completely wrong there)

·
1,841 Posts
I bought the tuneboy after I had problems with the running of my engine,to be honest I have not had an Axone connected since,but from what I read there should be no problem . I will let you know when I can get Lloyd to test.
Pony, the reason I got tuneboy was my bike ran bad from new. It was returned to KJM and eventually returned still running weird. I do love my Rs so I bought tuneboy.First I checked the throttle balance and set correct, (miles out)then shut butterflys as close as poss. It does run pretty good, but I also fitted the 02 sensor as I wanted to see how it is running. With the 02 working it is not perfect I have improoved and I would like to improove more. The idle setting and the idle control setting have a influence on mixture so I believe each bike may need individual setting to achieve best running.
Overall Tuneboy is a must for me. (but my mates say leave the bloody thing alone) My engine is a lot nicer now.
colin...

·
1,841 Posts
I am allways a little behind here !( halfway though my xmas remy ! so I have an excuse) The Axone as far as I am aware can not modify the maps,it can download new ones downloaded to it. It is a computor and it does do other things.(some I dont understand yet).
As Nathan says it is useful in other ways also .I have set my fans on lower,and idle higher,and rev limiter at 14000rpm (ok the last one was bullshit);)
colin..

G

·
Maybe i should leave well alone then because since DK did the re map on its 2nd service the bike has been pritty good other than low rev throttle response.
Had a service before going to germany and throttle bodies set up again.
On the trip it was not bad on fuel.. within a couple of ltrs (per tank full) of the other bikes that went with me.(fireblade 06 plate. Cbr 600 51 plate. SRAD gsxr 750 and the big suprise YZF750sp on a Nreg but thats another story)
We did 120 miles between fill ups and beni was not the worst on fuel, we did do alot of larking about on the Motorways and some flat out head down speed runs to.

Anyway i have learnt loads tonite, trouble is evertime somthing new goes in it pushes somthing old out. So with this in mind i'm off to bed so i can forget EVERTHING and ask all the same questions again tomorrow and p*ss you all off.
Thanks friends, NITE

1 - 19 of 19 Posts