Benelli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The base map was the TNT05 with some mods to the A/F ratio only....
this was the best result we got with it. File below picture
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/DavePrsv/DynaPrographs-1.jpg
View attachment 836

There are 4 maps there the origonal is the TNT03ARTunerx04npe mayors.dat
This gave the best fuel A/F THIS IS THE BLUE LINE FOR BEST A/F. The red line power would have been the same on the Blue (MAP ATTACHED IN POST) if she hadn`t been wheel spinning on the dyno!!!!!
The others have small changes to fans, temp etc.
Take a look and choose which one you want and try them out.

·
Registered
784 Posts
More maps..

TNT03ARTunerx04npe mayors.dat

TNT03ARTunerx04npe mayors dpp rev limit 3500.dat

TNT03ARTunerx04npe mayors dpp.dat

TNT03ARTunerx04npe mayors origonal.dat

Would you happen to remember which map had what done it?

What mods do you have on the bike? I currently only have the DNA filter and Iridium plugs.

Thanks for the work.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bike has a GPR exhaust, flaps removed from airbox and exhaust, DNA filter sensor moved to later model position.

It took about 7 runs to get it right on the Dyna Pro dyno with each time a look at the fuelling and making small adjustments each time.
I would suggest that if you have a chance get it on a dyno, preferably a DynaPro type as these talk to the tuneboy, and get a map done for your bike as they will and do differ.
Dont blame me if it all goes horribly wrong!!!!!

TNT03ARTunerx04npe mayors.dat This is the map that gave the best results.
Fans still on at 110 and 0ff at 108. Flaps still enabled in map

TNT03ARTunerx04npe mayors dpp.dat
As above with the fueling but the temp lowered to 106 fans on and 100 fans off.
Flaps disabled in map.

TNT03ARTunerx04npe mayors origonal.dat
This is another copy of the mayors.dat. no difference here.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
207 Posts
sorry for interrupting you, but what about the diffrent basic setting inside the walbro?
if your Fuel correction is stetted by 1.00 it will work great, if the basic set in another Walbro is by 1.15 you will go much to rich.
what i mean is before you change the Map and so some A/F parameters you have to realize that the basic setting is the same on both bikes.

Alex

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
sorry for interrupting you, but what about the diffrent basic setting inside the walbro?
if your Fuel correction is stetted by 1.00 it will work great, if the basic set in another Walbro is by 1.15 you will go much to rich.
what i mean is before you change the Map and so some A/F parameters you have to realize that the basic setting is the same on both bikes.

Alex
Alex you have me confused. Could you try and explain. what do you mean by the basic set. 1.00 versus 1.15 are you referring to the stepper mot.

Dave I had a look at your Map 2. It is much richer than map1. Is that your stock map, that you have placed into Map2

·
Registered
73 Posts
The base map was the TNT05 with some mods to the A/F ratio only....
this was the best result we got with it. File below picture
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/DavePrsv/DynaPrographs-1.jpg
View attachment 836

There are 4 maps there the origonal is the TNT03ARTunerx04npe mayors.dat
This gave the best fuel A/F THIS IS THE BLUE LINE FOR BEST A/F. The red line power would have been the same on the Blue (MAP ATTACHED IN POST) if she hadn`t been wheel spinning on the dyno!!!!!
The others have small changes to fans, temp etc.
Take a look and choose which one you want and try them out.

Hi B. Dave,

Sorry, but why don't use the 2006 / 2007 ( are same!! ) ignition map? it's better!!!!!!!

try!!!!!! ;)

Ciao

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Just a thought.
When we create maps and pass them on. Would it not be a good idea to give a description of the mods to the engine and the year of engine in the bike this tune is loaded into.
In this way other potential users that have tuneboy can see whether this Map will be suitable or better than the stock map without having for them to spend extra time on the Dyno, or even no time on the Dyno.
Here is an example of what I suggest.

If the file gets a major change I would drop some of the upper users and files names and start with the Map that has been modified.

For example if I were to modify x4npe mayors map, I would start with that and put modified after it. Then if distractedrider were to use this map he does not modify it he could put his bikes detailsin and state unmodified.

Or.... we could send our information back to the original source and they could add this to the Edit notes. For example I would send my bikes details to BenelliDave. The he would then edit the notes and resend the map to the site.
Just some thoughts.

The Maps could then be posted if they work better than the original, or what they had, and users with similar mods could then try that map.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Just downloaded and looked at rionero's map.
This is a fine example

What is dbk 35mm- got it decibel killer at end of pipe

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Rionero have you removed the reducer in the header pipes. As the pipe joins the Cylinder head , there is a reducing ring there. I ground mine out after reading about them form Alex (maniac motors) I used a Carbide grinder
With all the mods and BenelliDaves map my bike is a screamer. It will now wheelie on hard acceleration and I think if i were to roll off and on hard in second it will wheelie. It pulls hard from 3000rpm to revlimiter :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Rionero have you removed the reducer in the header pipes. As the pipe joins the Cylinder head , there is a reducing ring there. I ground mine out after reading about them form Alex (maniac motors) I used a Carbide grinder
With all the mods and BenelliDaves map my bike is a screamer. It will now wheelie on hard acceleration and I think if i were to roll off and on hard in second it will wheelie. It pulls hard from 3000rpm to revlimiter :D

The reducer ? No! :confused: , I will check!

Thank for this tips!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wayne has taken my bike and won't give it back.... He claims he is doing some testing and tuning on it. Bike is stock, with 1600km, so far he has got it from 115hp to 125hp... so I guess I can't complain....

He has given me a really cool speed triple with bigger cams to have fun on though... doesn't handle as well because that front wheel doesn't touch the road, makes it hard to turn corners.

When we were at the dyno, he did one of the new Triumph Rockets before the CR, can't remember exactly the increase, but it ended up going from 110 or so to 139... they are a lot more restricted. The mechanics at the dealership took it for a ride and said it wanted to go sideways all the time and were worried about giving it to the customer without restricting it again...

Here is a bigger picture of the graph.
http://users.tpg.com.au/nickpapa//Before_After.jpg

I think it will be really cool, because I think once he is done, it will be pretty good and it will just be a download and re-flash the ecu with it with the tuneboy... cool thing is, you hit the tnt button and it goes back to stock, just so you remember how bad it was...

·
340 Posts
When we were at the dyno, he did one of the new Triumph Rockets before the CR, can't remember exactly the increase, but it ended up going from 110 or so to 139... they are a lot more restricted. The mechanics at the dealership took it for a ride and said it wanted to go sideways all the time and were worried about giving it to the customer without restricting it again...
The Rocket is supposed to have 140 HP from the factory... a lot of them do have

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Rocket is supposed to have 140 HP from the factory... a lot of them do have
Correct, but now they are restricted and don't have the massive rear wheel anymore, bit like a front wheel drive motorcycle, got the power but....

Point being the power is different.

·
340 Posts
Correct, but now they are restricted and don't have the massive rear wheel anymore, bit like a front wheel drive motorcycle, got the power but....

Point being the power is different.
I see, you meant the Touring, that has different throttle bodies and different engine management but also different frame, wheels , etc than the regular Rocket. I am now struggling with the Tuneboy on my Rocket, gave up on my LE Tornado since I can not load the maps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts