Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Thought it might be of interest...This months 'TWO' magazine has a feature on the Tornado RS.
Some decent photos and features in an article on 'Bargain Exotica'.

The article covers the Ducati 999S, MV 1000S and the Benelli RS.

The RS receives some positive press; But several references to poor performance...Hey Ho! (It is compared to a 'sports 600').

The bike in the article has been supplied by 'Red Dog'.

There is also a smaller article referring to the LE, at the start of the Mag.

Worth a flick, while you're in 'Smiths'

·
903 Posts
:hiya: one and all

With regards to the Tornado in TWO magazine, Red Dog Motorcycles did indeed supply the bike for a photo shoot and its for sale with less than 2000 mile on the clock. So if you are interested give them a call on 01732 863636.

I am also selling my MV Agusta F4 1000R which I bought new on the 28.4.07and has just recently had the 1st service done (this would cost the owner over £400.00!). I have fitted over £2000.00 worth of extras on her which bought the total bill to over £15000.00. The reason, as some of you know, I had a pretty nasty accident last October and I have found that my injuries are preventing me from riding her for more than 15 minutes or so without agravating them so she has to go! :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: I am asking £12500.00 for her. If anyone is interested please PM me.

I am looking to get another Benelli, either a Cafe Racer or a Tornado (preferably an LE). I genuinely miss my old Tre and have decided to get one of these once my MV has been sold.

Although the MV is (in my opinion) a much better package in terms of build quality and power the Benelli just does it for me, I am sure some of you will know what I mean!

So watch this space!

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
'SHOCK, HORROR......MV owner sells his new F4 to by a Benelli Tornado!!!!':eek: :eek: :eek: Bloody hell, I've heard it all now.

Glad you've decided to come back to the 'dark side' Lloyd. Hope you get a 'good one' mate and you find it a bit easier on those old legs of yours. :clap:

·
903 Posts
Laurence, I have never left "The Dark Side" just been otherwise engaged!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

PS: If you reply to this immediately you will have posted 1000 posts!:bow: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
1,231 Posts
Lloyd and his blues

Lloyd, you know the Nelli is where you belonged....you knew that even before you bought an MV thats why you were torn. Come back to the dark side...embrace it...having said that you have now owned the two most beautiful bkes on the planet. How does that feel?

John

·
5,928 Posts
..having said that you have now owned the two most beautiful bikes on the planet.'.. John
Good decision Lloyd.
I sat on an F4 a while back. Beautiful bike, but I wondered how anyone could spend more than an hour on it. A recent real-world comparison between the Jap 4, a 1098 & F4, in Two Wheels, put the MV last. (The Duke ran out of fuel on the Oxley Hwy!) Good track bike. Bad road bike. Great ornament!
cheers
Errol

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
TWO benelli test(circ 2004)

I was given a mag a few weeks ago from a guy who had a stack of them in his work room at a paper plant,he had just bought a honda cbr1000r and i had a new mag with a test on it and he went and found me one with a test on the ducati 999s,mv1000,apriliarsv and the tornado rs and the test took place in switzerland/italy. they slated fuel use on the rs and the mv broke down !,the mille did everything great but they all agreed the 999s was reliable ? and worthy of buying but the tornado was a close second in desire.
Its a good read and i've kept it in my truck for when i'm cursing mine for its coil problem (sorted now).

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
PS: If you reply to this immediately you will have posted 1000 posts!:bow: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks for the 'heads up' on my post count Lloyd.......didn't realize I was that close.

I've been racking my brains for something profound for my 1000th post but I thought that you might like a nice pic of what the new 675 might look like instead.:D

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Lloyd - Use the force, let it guide your actions and keep you safe from the dark side !!

I have to admit - Same as Lawrie - I never thought I would see the day when someone sells their brand new tricked up MV for a Nelli !!

Hope you dont get a friday afto one fella

How is the recuperation going anyway??

Lawrence - I love the look of that thing !! WOW !!!
PS - Congrats on 1000th post - you will soon overtake BBA (He has all but disappeared into his own industrial vac I think - shame, his posts were the funniest - but your post the most informative mind !! )

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Laurie, where do you get these pictures from?

- If you are CADing them yourself, you could be the next replacement for Andrew Moreton!

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
If you are CADing them yourself.......
I wish, Andy...........................I found it on a French web site:-
http://www.motards-online.com/n1_752_EICMA-de-Milan---Benelli-est-tres-attendu.html

his posts were the funniest.......
Yeah, I know what you mean Kurt, Al used to have me in stitches too...............(he didn't half post some crap though!!!:rolling: :rolling:) That BUMP on the head that he got at Donnington seemed to knock all the fun outa him. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

C'mon Al, stop cleaning those carpets and bring some humour back to this Forum!!!!!:ele: :clap: :ele:

·
903 Posts
Laurence, that Tornado looks absolutely "fan bloody tastic", they have got to make it and I will put my name down as soo as I get my compensation. That petrol tank looks a lot safer for the old gonads!!! (And I should know!)

Kurt, Things are getting better, though still have hip problems. Hope to see you at the show!

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean with the current tank shape Lloyd. I was following a delivery van a while back when suddenly the driver slamed on his brakes and then starts to reverse, even although I blasted the horn the stupid git pushes me back about 6 feet before he stops (and guess where the pointy bit of the tank got stuck into:bawl: )

By the way, are you still speaking with that high pitched squeaky voice :rolling:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts