Benelli Forum banner

tyre pressure and advice

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  carrick rab 
#1 · (Edited)
hi guys,
new to the forum since purchaing a 2009 reg tre(2004model) 6 weeks ago .
the bike was an ex demo model with 800 miles .
what paperwork and tool kit should have come with the bike ? as the dealer gave me the v5 and said that the owners and workshop manuals come as a download so as to save on cost.
all in all very happy with the bike and love riding it :) but looking at the manual its recommendations for tyre pressure was a bit vague and the owners manual contradicts the workshop manual for pressures , i have tried a few different pressures and would be grateful of any advice from some experienced nelli owners.
last week i was doing the airbox breather mod by fitting the drain pipe but after removing all the screws on the air box casing including the two at the steering head end and the center one the airbox would not come apart from the throttle bodies, checked the workshop manual in case i had missed a screw but it didnt show any , any advice appreciated.

great site guys plenty of info and advice keep the good work up :clap:

cheers rab

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi matey! Welcome to the funny farm!:clap:

Front pressure should be as per the manual, 36psi, and for solo riding ( you wouldn't want to take a passenger now, would you?;) ), I would use 36 -38. This may vary on what tyre you use. 2.2 bar in the manual is definitely a mistake.
As for the throttle bodies, if I remember right, there are clamps, retained with screws which you have to attack from the rear - oooh er missus:rolling:. Not that easy to spot; a bit fiddly, but do-able. While the airbox is off, seal the coil sticks with silicon to prevent ingress of water, and check to see if the tip-over switch is lying about under there somewhere, and if it has been by-passed. If so, you really do want to re-mount it. The factory by-passed them, because sometimes they would trip on their own. Flexibly re-mount it as per Engenia's web-site, and you will have the peace of mind that, if it does go on it's side whilst running, your engine will cut out, rather than revvng its nuts off, with the oil pick-up sucking air....:doh:

Good luck;)

Cheers,
Ian

#3 ·
Hi Rab and welcome to the Forum matey.

Yep, To remove the airbox you will need to use an allen key to loosen off the 3 band clips underneath that hold the airbox onto the throttle bodies. This is a bit fiddly but a torch and mirror should help you to see them.

After you have disconnected the air temp switch and removed the airbox do not turn on the ignition with the air temp switch disconnected, as when you put her together again and start her up, an electronics warning light will be displayed on the dash which cannot be turned off without the Axone unit.

#4 ·
When I remove the airbox bottom half, I lift the base slightly then push the inlet rubbers one at a time to lift the box and leave the rubbers attached to the bodies. I then remove the rubbers by loosening the alllen screws and re fit them to the box ready to refit. When refitting a long allen key can be inserted from the rear to tighten the rubber clamps.I have used a mirror and torch to see,but can do it blind now !

#8 ·
Don't worry Ian, you could always use a blow lamp instead but remember to squirt some fresh fuel down the rubbers first.

That should blow the air box off no bother at all :rolling:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.