Benelli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its been mentioned before, but I cant be bothered looking back ;) , my manual has two different specs , the owners manual has the same for front and back, then mentioned different ones in the spec table ????

What the go for solo street with the stock dunlops (207RR I think

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Johnny O's post on tyre pressures was on 13 Feb 2005.

Basically he said 31 psi front, 29 rear solo (34 with pillion), but Dunlops are a little stiffer, so subtract 2 for the rear - you want more footprint on the road on the rear, and less flex on the front.

For what it's worth, I use 32 & 28, with Pilot Powers, 32 on the rear when loaded up. But I'm under 70kg. Seems to work for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi aussievtr. I know this has already been brought up before and Johnny O said run 31 front and 29 rear but, and this is only my opinion. I've found that the pressures he's quoting are better for track than road running I assume a road spec tyre. The benelli runs 207RR's as std and even though the carcass of the tyre may be stiffer it's still a performance tyre. I would go for a ride with the pressures Johnny O said but also try a little harder say 32/33 front and around 33-36 rear depending on weight/pillions etc. A softer rear is great on track as it leaves a bigger print and to an extent the front is the same but on the road you need to build more heat into the tyres.

I ran approx 31 front and 30 rear at brands Indy in Nov'05 (quite chilly). This was what a tyre fitter both recommended and I had used in the past - on hot days I'd maybe go down another PSI front and rear due to the extra heat on the tarmac. On the road however I found these pressures a bit naff for me and putting a few extra PSI made the bike 'tip in' better, tyre warm up was quicker and I had a better feel overall.

Not trying to bore you and I'm not knocking anyone else's opinion just giving my own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts