Benelli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for starting a thread which I know was on the previous forum but for the life of me cannot find by doing a search. :(

Basically I am want to change the current 207RR tyres to something stickier and more confidence inspiring. It seems to take ages before the original tyres feel like they are sticking to the road.

I don't do track days nor more than 2k miles per year so not worried about how long they last.

Any suggestions (it is an LE by the way but can't imagine that makes any difference).

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hiya fella

I cant vouch for the other guys on here and everyones different style of riding dictates what tyre serves your needs best, but I ride on the road only (medium to fast - ish I would say) and I now have pireli diablo corsa's on.

Now I know these are supposedly meant to be 75/25% usage for track and road (in that order) but I find them to be very confidence inspiring compared to the dunlops.
I am not saying the dunlops are a bad tyre - far from it, I used to swear by them on my firestorm, but they didnt suit me on a blade and I ended up putting pirelli diablo's on that.
I was gonna put them on my Nelli but got the diablo corsa's for the same ££££ :D
So far done I've done around 2500 miles on them and still got approx 40% life left in them (maybe I dont ride as fast as I think :bawl: )

Hope I havent confused you too much !! :spam:

·
1,841 Posts
Tyres

Hi Lupus, I cant really recommend any tyres yet, but my RS has dunlop 208r
as standard, which are not as bad as i thought they might be, but are hard and need hot weather or a good bit of warming up. So i have bought a set of
metzeler rennsports (FWR kennington london) two rear and one front for £189 (I am poor and tight) they are the soft rs1 compound and wont last long, but if the 3 tyres last a years riding thats ok. They look good to me and they get good write ups. They are slick edge type, the rear is 190/55 ie a bit taller so i expect they will drop in to corners more. I will let people know what they are like when it gets a bit warmer! I think the bike deserves better rubber than what they fit as standard...;)

·
903 Posts
What tyres?

:p

:hiya: Lupus,

I would recommend the Dunlop 208RR's or Qualifiers. They are both a softer compound than the 207RRs so should heat up quicker. You will never be able to ride on the road the way you do on a track, so consiquently you will not the same amount of heat in the tyres.

By the way, I raced around the Misano track on 207RR's and they stuck like poo to a blanket! Mind you, it was a bit warmer then!:D

·
5,895 Posts
Which tyres? Depends on where you ride.

Lupus. Some food for thought on tyres.

My original 207RR's got me almost 8,000 kms.

I changed to Michelin Pilot Power and got 11,500kms before I diced them. The front had maybe another 2,000km left, but it was getting pretty slippery. The rear was cactus, but never gave me grief like the front.

Then I changed to Pirelli Diablo Strada. 6,000kms so far, and by my calcs, I'll get about 8,000kms out of them. My next set will be Stradas. These are the best tyres I've ever used (in about 200,000kms on 2 wheels). I'd try Corsas, but they would barely get me to the Island and back, and I doubt that I would ever use their potential.

I don't spend any time on the track, and very little on freeways. I like to spend as much time as possible on mountain passes, and have been known to do a u-turn at the bottom and do it all over again. I'm not the fastest bloke out there, but I swear, I've got the biggest grin!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts