Registered
1,680 Posts
Ooo... Please keep us informed as I fancy a set of those. :D

What pressure you put in them?

·
Registered
64 Posts
tyres

A mate of mine has put a set of these on his R6,they have totally transformed his riding,he says the confidence he has in them is unbelievable,he used to ride like a bit of a tart when cornering but is so much better now.I'm thinking of putting a set on my tornado so if you could keep us informed as to how you get on with them it would be much appreciated,Dunlop 208rr's that are on the bike at the moment aren't up to much if you ask me so i am willing to try 016's i think

·
Registered
256 Posts
Me too

Had them fitted today....scrubbing them in and let you know how they feel....but cannot be worse than the inconsistent dunlops it came with, as they couldn't wear out fast enough for me:doh:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Had them fitted today....scrubbing them in and let you know how they feel....but cannot be worse than the inconsistent dunlops it came with, as they couldn't wear out fast enough for me:doh:
Must admit I used to use Dunlop 207RR 's
pound them to be progressive smooth and wear well for a sticky tyre but the Qaulifiers are not as good but not bad:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just got back from Italy on the 208RRs, chasing an 888 on Qualifiers, with a total of 2069miles covered in 6 days. My brother and I are pretty equal riders, and the bikes are pretty evenly matched on the road.

Previously with the 888 on Michelins Pilot Sports the Benelli was the faster bike at everything bar switchbacks, but with the 888 on Qualifiers it took till 25degree ambient before I could say the same. I just could prevoke them to get sticky bellow that.

Also the Qualifiers appeared to grip in the wet like Z6's/Diablos whereas the 208RR were nervous on anything that wasnt flat tarmac and simply skipped over tarlines. I was going to put this down to suspension differences or tyre pressures, but the 888 is harder than the Tre, and we checked the pressures when we got to Bens Villa and they were spot on. The quallies are just better in the wet.

I was also the only one to have the bike let go front and back in the dry. (Comming through a set of hairpins after the Colle di Tenda - A 3Km Tunnel crossing into France). Fortunately I never get off the bike when touring so I had some catch room. Also the tyres slid rather than dumping you on your arse like michelins would.

The 208s also chewed up slightly on the motorway on the way back. So all in all I will be putting Qualifiers on next time around as they seamed better in most areas.

Now all I have to do in convince my brother to get a Tre so I can do propper back to back testing :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
The 208rr is not as sticky as the Qualifier RR or 207rr being really for OE fitment....

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I faced this at my service last month. The 207RR's were shot, front and rear - after 4200 miles! (albeit I had only done 1800 miles on them). Personally I was happy with the Dunlops.
I was considering the 208RR or Qualifier RR's which are supposed to be triple compound, with better grip and longer mileage than the 207RR's.
However no deals were available on the Qual RR so took a good price on a pair of Pirelli Diablo's (thanks Russ :) ).
So far so good, wet weather use (have had a fair bit) was ok and dry weather grip was good. We'll se how they fair on the mileage game.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not even scrubbed in yet

Sorry Guys I spent last week on Holiday and next week I am travelling for work so I haven't even scrubbed them in yet.

I will next weekend as off to Donnington with some mates, then taking the Bike to rusty's for a short can at the end of the following week.

I will let you know after that. I will also book a track day As soon as I can and let you know.

With the Dunlops, admittably with a seriously shagged front end I always felt I was pushing the front wide. Might just be my crap riding style and 17 stone plus weight but who knows

What convienced me to buy the 16's was the fact I have been using BT021 on my R1100S and they are as good as the BT014 I had on it before but wear a whole lot better

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scrubbed in

Hi Guys,

just thought I would let you know first impression.

Done a couple 100 miles, Donnington and back.

Playing tag with mate on a Aprilla factory also on new BT016

Wet on the way up but felt ok even though they only had a handful of mile on. Dry (and Windy) on the way back. I started to use them and they worked fine, not complaints so far.
In fact by the time I got back I felt a lot more confident riding the Benelli than I have for a long time. Propably lack of miles rather than anything else, but I am happy :)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I too have a set of Bridgestone 016 tyres on my Tornado and have found them very good indeed and a huge improvement over the Dunlop 207RR OEM tyres.

I was unsure of the tyre pressures to use with these 016s so I sent Bridgestone an email as follows:

"I have a Tornado Novocento Tre 900 and have just had Battlax BT-016 tyres fitted. Can you tell me your recommended tyre pressures for this fitment as it is not yet listed in your 'Tyre Selector'.
Thank You Stephen Roddam.."

And the reply:

"Dear Stephen, Thank you for your enquiry. I can confirm that the recommended pressures for your motorcycle are, Front - 36psi Rear - 42psi
Kind regards, Ian Holland Technical services"

So, for now at least I'll be sticking to Bridgestone's recommended tyre pressures. :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Had a set of BT016's on the RS but removed them, didn't like them. Had a few nasty slides on the track, the rear broke free on several occassions, nothing progressive. I also did not like the profile of them, the front felt like it was about to go when the bike was on it's side. Michelin 2CT's on the bike now. Big difference.
Had a set of BT015's on my R1 for a jaunt to Spain last yr and hated them too, should have learn't my lesson :doh:
Can'rtfault the Michelins personally, got them on the RS and the R1. My preference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts