Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its that time of year again.
Tyres and service needed
The dunnies have done 4k and need to be replaced. I have been reccommended Avon storms any one know different

Service is due in 2000 miles 8 weeks approx what should I pay

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Glenn,

I fitted mine with the Michelin Pilot Road 2CT. These are really great tyres with unbelievable grip and a great handling. :bow:
Many friends of mine got them on their bikes, too, and they are good for at least 10000km (rear tyre) :clap: , seen on a BMW K1200S and a Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans. I need to go another 9000k to see, if they can make it on the TreK, too. ;)

Stephan

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Hi Glenn47, I had Avon's on my last tornado and thought they were Crap ! Especially as I felt they let me down when I trashed my bike ! :mad:

Not sure which Avons they were but after having Bridgestones on before, I went for the ones recommended by the tyre fitter, but was Very dissapointed, i should have stuck with the ones I was happy with. The Avons gave me no confidence at all in the wet, even on a damp road, or I suppose it could have been my Crap riding :D

there you go !

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
got a set of roadsmarts on mine seem to be great so far but will wait to see what the mil,eage is like but i think i will be on pilots next heard some very good reports

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ferret
do you meen the Pilot road 2. I had them on my CB1300 an hated them. Felt like I was gonna fall of every time i went into a bend thay lasted 1000 miles.

:doh:

·
Registered
297 Posts
avons

I've had 3 sets of avons on the SV, great tyres in all conditions.
Mileage was good on them compared to the D208's... I was getting about 6k on the D208's and got about 9k on the avons.

Any tyre will be shite if they arent warm or you're rough on the throttle/unsettled on the bike etc.

My advice, is if you're a balls-out knee down type, go for pirelli diablos/ ultra corser 3's or something like that, ultra sticky soft tyres.
If you're a commuter with weekends blasts and not a trackday type, avons or something along that dual compound tourer tyre will be your thing.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I have Avon Storms on my Bandit and I rate them as a touring tyre - very good in the wet. I would not put them on the Nelli though - the profile is not sporty enough. For me its another vote for the 2ct - Fantastic grip wet or dry and they have so far done a couple of thousand miles with plenty left to go. Not sure if this is a revision on the ones you had Glenn - they must be cos I think you would need to be CANING it to wear them out in 1000k!! Do you do rolling burnouts everywhere lol? These ones are dual compound so if you are just touring they will last ages, if you are scratching and always banked over I guess they would wear as quick as any other similar sporty tyre.

Just goes to show its all a matter of personal taste ;-)

Col

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Its that time of year again.
Tyres and service needed
The dunnies have done 4k and need to be replaced. I have been recommended Avon storms any one know different

Service is due in 2000 miles 8 weeks approx what should I pay
I've put BATTLAX BT-016 Hypersport tyres on and find them great in the wet or dry. :)
http://www.battlax.co.uk/battlax-bt-016/bt-016-advantages.asp

For a service I'd recommend Russ Bennett's in Barnsley. A good price for a bloody good job. :clap:
http://www.bennettsmotorcycles.co.uk/

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have Avon Storms on my Bandit and I rate them as a touring tyre - very good in the wet. I would not put them on the Nelli though - the profile is not sporty enough. For me its another vote for the 2ct - Fantastic grip wet or dry and they have so far done a couple of thousand miles with plenty left to go. Not sure if this is a revision on the ones you had Glenn - they must be cos I think you would need to be CANING it to wear them out in 1000k!! Do you do rolling burnouts everywhere lol? These ones are dual compound so if you are just touring they will last ages, if you are scratching and always banked over I guess they would wear as quick as any other similar sporty tyre.

Just goes to show its all a matter of personal taste ;-)

Col
No I took em off cos they through the bike out of balance and it was like trying hold up a drunken 30 stone man whilst standing on an ice rink. plus they didn't grip. Even reviews on them where bad. but thats in the past.

I am a slow rider so thinks i will plumb for the avons. I hate the wet especially on roundabouts. Needs my confidence rebuilding :bawl:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
No I took em off cos they through the bike out of balance and it was like trying hold up a drunken 30 stone man whilst standing on an ice rink. plus they didn't grip. Even reviews on them where bad. but thats in the past.

I am a slow rider so thinks i will plumb for the avons. I hate the wet especially on roundabouts. Needs my confidence rebuilding :bawl:
Yeah must have been a different version I cant fault them for grip.

Like I say I rate the Avons on my Bandit which I ride much slower than the Tornado, so sounds like they are the ones to go for. Found them especially good in the wet.

Col

·
Registered
513 Posts
All I can say is avoid Dunlops made in Japan they are shite compared to the French made items (sacre bleu !!! did I really say that lol ).I do think the Qualifiers suit the Nelli which isn't a quick steering bike that steering damper is just extra weight or has anyone had a tank slapper yet ?:clap:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Fitted Pirelli Strada to my trek, they are like the diablo but with much deeper tread, been good through the winter, they have been on for around 2000 miles and still not squareing off and loads of tread left.

Any how if any one finds the slapper please pm her mobile number:p Oh shit do you meen the slapper is the size of a tank:rolling:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
don't remember askin if any one had been with my ex wife. now she was a slapper!!!!:rolling:

she'd done it on your tank too if you'd asked nicely. £5er would be nice enough:rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Decision made had the Anons fitted at the weekend. Made nelli handle loads better. got my confidence back:ele:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts