Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello again guys, It's creeping up to the time when i need some new rubber on the back.
I'm running battleaxe at the mo, just wondered what you guys are using as you guys would know what works better with the bike as i've only ever had the bridgestones on her.
Also after all the tender loving care i gave her over the the past 2 days i decided it would be a top idea to snap the key whilst removing the seat!:doh: Does anyone know where i can get another one from, as the spare is massive. I perfer the flick one. Thanks again

And Johny, your a lucky lucky barsteward. :)

·
5,967 Posts
I've had 2 sets of Pirelli Diablo Strada now. Way better than Michelin Pilot Powers that replaced the original Dunlop 207RR's.
No track days though, just mountain twisties.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pirelli

Few of the lads i ride with have suggested those too, Is it too much hassle to run on a 190 rear? That also has been suggested by a few people.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
190 rear is the standard on Tre's (I believe)

I have run Pirelli diablo corsa's and now diablo corsa III's

Gotta admit - before the nelli I never had pirleii tyres - but I am converted now.
Last september, went for a ride after work, tipped in to a tight left hander (well into the ride) and the front washed out by about 1-2ft (no exaggeration either) and before I could pucker up my arsehole the tyres had gripped and I was then half way round the bend.

I had similar a couple o years ago on my Honda with 207's on and that did wash out completely

Its a personal prefernce thing tho. I am well happy with Pirellis, some will love Michelin, some Dunlops etc etc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Few of the lads i ride with have suggested those too, Is it too much hassle to run on a 190 rear? That also has been suggested by a few people.
190 is standard rear.dunlop qualifier, great tyres heat up really fast but you will suffer on the milage

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that has answered a few questions, My Tre is running with a 180 rear. Thought it a tad strange, but then it is an italian bike so kinda brushed it off. As you do;) Think i might give Diablo Corsa III's a spin. So to just check, I should be able to replace my 180/55/17 bridgestones for a 190/50/17 no problem:confused:

·
5,967 Posts
Some reckon that the 180/55's tip in better than the 190/50's, but I reckon you'd only really notice an advantage on the track.
The User Manual states that the rear should be 190/55 -ZR 17, but I'll be darned if I can find any for road use. Being a 55, it would probably tip in better than the 50.

·
1,841 Posts
tyres

I have a 190/55/17 fitted on mine, it does make it tip in much quicker, but I will go back to a 50 as it makes the seat to high !
55s are available now (the zx10r is fitted with dunlop qualifier) but dont buy one removed from a zx10r as apparently they are special hard not very grippy compound, but off the shelf ones are ok !;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Avon

Just wondered if anyone is using Avon AV60 Viper Sport? If so what do they reckon?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts