Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried anything else other than the 207rr and with what results ??

Bridgestone 014s or Avons

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Ian & Linda,

There are a couple of post somewhere on this site.

I changed to Michelin Pilot Powers with good success.

I also dropped down from 190 to a 180 rear which has improved cornering.

Doesn't look like they will last as long as the Dunlop's though.

I hear that Pirelli Diablo Corsa's are also very good. Again with reduced mileage due to the soft compound.

If you are only using the bike on weekends and for fun then would suggest a softer compound, if using it more than 2-3 times a week and for long distance on freeways..then go for a harder tire.

Cheers
Tax

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used, Bridgestone 002's, Michelin M2 Pilots, Pirelli Corsa's, Dunlop D208 GP (A)'s and Dunlop & Michelin slicks; They all made the bike handle & steer okay on the race track, can't really say what they are like on the street.

The Dunlop & Pirelli's were miles too soft (front & rear, slicks & street tyres), absolutely shredded them in half a dozen laps, that being said, I guess they maybe the better tyre on the street where they won't get pushed as hard?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gonna be swapping the 208s for Pilot Sports (hopefully) this weekend...will let you know what I reckon.

Haven't found the 208s that bad to be honest. Had 207s and 218/208s on me Priller before and they liked to dance around a bit....no such probs with m'Nelli

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What sort of mileage were people getting prior to having to change? I am fast approaching 4,000 miles with no real signs of squaring off my rear, however the front seems to have gone off bad big time due to heavy front end braking.

If I am gona get a few more thousand out of the back, it might be worth just changing my front end!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm with John O on this one I;ve tried most brands and sizes and they all work well I think for the road the Bridgestone seams to be best. Currently I'm on Dunlop 209 GP 190 & 180 rears.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ooops

I got Pilot Race tyres instead of the Pilot Sport...still road legal though

Not too sure about having a 180 section though.....I keep turning in too quickly.

I suppose the profile of these tyres is more extreame than your average road tyre plus I've got fork dropped through by 10mm.

Managed to get them working well though...can feel more throught the bars now.....not sure if that s a good thing or not

Speaking of which...took me 2 trips to the Car shops to get the right tools to remove the front wheel...1 for the actual 14mm bit to undo the spindle and another to get the 8mm(I think) hex drive to get the calipers off.

The annoying thing is that these are the same calipers as on my Factory but totally different bolts!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts