Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have dunlop sportmax tyres on my tre and just wondered if they are the normal tyre when the bike is new. Reason i ask is compared to my blade they look like wet weather tyres. ron d

·
Registered
417 Posts
The OEM tyres are Dunlop D208 for Tornado.. thats what mine has and what is listed in Workshop Manual... but I think it can be largely up to dealer to what they fit at sale time. What I bought my Honda new there seemed to be about three different tyres that were "standard" fit according to dealer you purchased from.

·
Registered
574 Posts
D209 Sportsmax Qualifiers (II & RR) and GP racers

D208 are the correct tyrese. This years models are D209 and the range is called "sportsmax". Qualifuer II' have had excellent write ups as have the RR (slightly softer/less life) and the even softer GP races which i have just fitted to see how quick i can throw my money away - but get the confidence on a track to get my kneee down!

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Do they look like these

if so there road tyres

wet weather tyres are for track and have many grooves across the tyre

if you have something like pirelli diablos on your blade they dont have a lot of grooves, more like a slick especially at the sides

A mechanic in Cuper got stopped by the police and was almost done for having pirellis with no tread to the side of the tyre :doh

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, yes they do look like those tyres, as for wet weather tyres i only meant the amount of tread compared to my blades tyres. still i will see what kind of mileage i get, coz the rear i just took off the blade managed a good 5000miles, cheers anyway; ron d

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
mine have lasted 1800 miles front & rear!!! & i'm glad they are coming off on saturday cos they have been by far the worst tyres i've ever had on any bike!!!! way to many times i got the rear wheel spinning up & 1 time the front end tucked lucky for me at slow speed so some how managed to save it (brown pants tho!!!!) no confidence in them at all felt like they were made out of wood :doh: so looking forward to getting some qualifier rr's on & seeing how the bike can really handle :D :D

·
Registered
574 Posts
Dunlop sportsmax 209 gp racers

got my gp racers fitted (soft front medium rear) and scrubbed them in....... Supurb feedback and much better than the bridgestone b16. Just hope they live as the b16 only lasted 1500 miles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts