Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed my tyres after 3500 mls to pilot powers and i have to say im well impressed they seem to roll into corners smoothly rather than drop and inspire a great deal of confidence, the only down side is the tyre hardly looks worn where as the old 207rrs tended to look like theyhad been on a track.:smokin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hector put metz 01's on about 1000 miles ago have decided they are defiantly not as good as the 208's they take longer to warm up and tend to drift when you are pushing it and the sides don’t look scrubbed (unlike the 208’s). Going to try diablo's when these wear out everybody I talk to with them have nothing but praise....just got back from the superbike at brands hatch I was treated to a corporate day by a good buddy, brilliant day! The security guard looking after the bikes said my TNT had loads of people around it all day
Have you done a track day on your TNT yet?
Vtxbrit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Track day on the 16th August, going with a mate whos got a Buel xb9r so should be interesting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vtxbrit, I went to Brands too! Got a last minute offer from a mate for a free ticket into a corporate hospitality box (EACS) so I thought it would be rude not to! You're right - the racing was great, shame about James Toseland but Chris Walker did well and Haga is a nutter!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
small world, we were in the sterling suite (new building by clearways) watching them from the terrace getting out of shape on that nasty bump, there all nutters!!. Met foggy and toseland………. Did you go by bike? The traffic coming out was unbelievable, glad I was on two wheels. Hope to do a mid week track evening at brands week after next. Have you sorted out the FI light problem yet?
Vtxbrit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bloke I went with didn't fancy riding pillion so we went in his car which was fine because we parked in the hospitality car park behind the mini-moto track. We sprinted to the car just before the end of the second WSB race and managed to miss the traffic which was lucky.

Re the engine management light, I think it was scared by my reaction because when I tried it on Sunday it didn't come on and has stayed off since! Definitely intermittent and the bike seems to run ok (for a Benelli with crap fuel injection) so I'm going to hope for the best and ignore it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi have Pilot Powers on my Tre but know guys who have Diablo Corsa's on their bikes. They praise them too.

Only downside to the Diablo Corsa and super Corsa is that they wear out too soon, lucky to get 4000Kms if you push it.

The new Diablo Strada which is a sports tourer may be a better option.

Good luck with your choice

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys,
just returned from an Oulton Park track day and i have to say im well chuffed with the pilot powers inspired confidence and gave a few gsxr 1000 and fireblades a run for their money!:rollin :

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No contest, my mate has an xb9 firebolt but id say the tnt handles better than it but also has infinitly more power ,if he got out on the track first then i would pass him and if he was behind then thats where he stayed.:lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just done 965miles on my metz o1 tyres,the back tyre is finished:x the front is half worn, dont bother with the o1's!!!!!
vtxbrit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts