Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little baby is in getting a new timing chain + tensioners etc done i told the mechanic to pull out the clutch and inspect it. The clutch looks all good (wiping sweat of my brow):ele: they found some iron like fileings on the magnet on my sump plug.:confused: They(Dont want to mention Names) did'nt know what to do. So i rang our Aussie resident guru His royal higness Errol:bow: for advice and he came through with great advice and info told me the iron filings small amount ain't nothing to worry about pull of the oil filter and clean it out while the clutch is out. My clutch actuating arm is the cast alloy one so Errol has kindly offered me his steel one:D bless his little red cotton socks. As he has now fitted hydraulic clutch and didnt need it. I know this was a recall but stoney up sh t creek is in recievership so no back up. There was a couple of other small things i asked them to fix but to be honest i don't think they seem that interested, so once the chain is in i will bring her home and do the rest myself. Lucky you guys have Bennets, Maniac etc they sound like great people to deal with. Little old Adelaide has no back up at all for Benellis and all i can say is THANK THE MAN UP STAIRS FOR THIS FORUM AND ALL YOU HELPFULL GUYS ON IT:bow: :bow: oh yea and thanks Errol:bow:

·
5,929 Posts
... So i rang our Aussie resident guru His royal higness Errol:bow: for advice and he came through with great advice and info told me the iron filings small amount ain't nothing to worry about pull of the oil filter and clean it out while the clutch is out....
Billy - Oil PUMP, not the filter. You need to see if the steel rotating parts are being gouged by some grit embedded in the aluminium housing. If so, clean it up. This happened to mine a while back. It made it difficult to remove the pump due to the scoring.

G

·
Lucky you guys have Bennets, Maniac etc they sound like great people to deal with. :bow: :bow::
We really are so luck to have the fonts of knowledge we have in the UK,
AND
I bet your really REALLY JEALOUS about the FANTASTIC WEATHER we have here to arn't you........:rolling:
We could air freight Russ out to you but you must promise to put him back in his protective packaging and send him back by air freight as soon as you have finished with him.. OK :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We really are so luck to have the fonts of knowledge we have in the UK,
AND
I bet your really REALLY JEALOUS about the FANTASTIC WEATHER we have here to arn't you
We could air freight Russ out to you but you must promise to put him back in his protective packaging and send him back by air freight as soon as you have finished with him.. OK

If RUSS :bow: came over here he wouldn't want to come back so it would only be a one way ticket:D
And yes you are lucky having the great Mechanics with expert knowledge you have over there :bow:
Wonder if Bennetts or Maniac would be interested in opening a branch over here :clap: :clap:
As for the weather it was 26 deg again here today didn't go out on the bike stayed home, because to be honest with you i a bit sick of riding it .
Need a few days of
Eat ya heart out Pony:rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Grrrrrr !!!!

:(
GIT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Walked out the door this morning and slipped 20ft across a cark park on the ICE.:rolling:

G

·
As for the weather it was 26 deg again here today didn't go out on the bike stayed home, because to be honest with you i a bit sick of riding it .
Need a few days of
Eat ya heart out Pony

Consider it consumed with a side order of cold hearted jealousy u Git:( I MEAN FRIEND. :rolling:
I have started the Beni up today and then it rained again so that put an end to it coming out of the garage.

It is my painful duty to inform you all of 4 bike thefts in my area (Ashbourne Derbyshire) of the uk last weekend.
All moto x bikes All on saturday night.

YOU BASTARDS

LS wots a cark Park. Is it were you park your cark. . . which leads nicely to wots a cark :rolling:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts