Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My bike seems to be wired to have the lights on all the time, with no switch to turn them off ? (looks like where the switch should be is blanked off), is this normal for UK bikes ? or do I perhaps have a import ?

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
The 1130's and TNT's are like this but I have never heard of a 900 TRE being like that.

What's the history of the bike and where did you get it from?

·
Mid Life Crisis
107 Posts
Yep...mine too.

Thought it was an EU thing to satisfy German market.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I think this has something to do with new EU Laws that came in, but don't as me when.

My last bike was a 03 bike, which didn't have a light switch, however the Nelli, which although on a 05 plate was manufactured in 03, has a light switch.

Incidentally, on my previous bike (SV1000S) the light switch was replaced with a hazard '4 way flasher' switch.

·
1,231 Posts
Switheroo

Check the Vin number. You may have a US spec bike that came to the UK. The US riquires that the lights are on all the time the key is on. I have a UK spec and am going to try to bring it to US when I move back. It has teh light switch that truns fully off. I may have to work out a switch with you...you know, swap the switches so we both have the right ones. I'll keep you informed.
john

1 - 8 of 8 Posts