Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used ultraseal or a similar product? if so is it suitable for trackdays i.e altering pressures?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I have in the past used a product very similar to ultraseal (cant remember name now !!) - when I was doin alot o miles per year on a bike (also used it in a car too) - I never actually had a puncture with the car or bike whilst that stuff was inside tho !!

Maybe it worked - or maybe I was lucky not to get a puncture ?? !!

Who knows

Does that help at all??

Kurt

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
It was an American product - that when I next asked about it at the car spares shop local to me - they told me it was now called Gloop or something like that !!!!!!

(I knew my memory wasnt failing me completely !)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I wouldnt say that I wont use a product like that again

If you do use it - then just think of it as a treatment that may stop some small punctures - if wont stop the big ones.

Last year after just under 1000mls on a new Pirelli Diablo rear - there was a 1inch 'cut' appear in the middle of a tread recess in the tyre - this obviously caused it to go flat and no chemical treatment on the market could have prevented it and stop the tyre going flat.

One final thought - when I used it on a car - I remember when I eventually had new tyres - the company that fitted them called me every name under the sun cos of all the 'crap' they had to clean off the inside of the wheel before they could fit new tyres ! - ooooops !
That was over 5yrs ago - so maybe the products are not as bad as that nowadays !

·
903 Posts
Tyre seal

:p

Hector, I would advise against putting a tyre sealant in you tyres as you will find that the tyres will take longer to reach a decent operating temp. This is due to the heat dissipating throughout the whole of the sealant before the tyre eventually reaching it's operating temprature. Could cause you problems when you get on the track.:eek:

Also as Kurt said, you will really p**s of the tyre company who replace's your tyres!:rolling:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts