Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
All the gear, no idea
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just had a great day at Oulton in the cold and wet where I happened to bump into a rather lanky Scots man who's on this forum! You know who you are!! But being typical blokes we never actually got around to asking each other's names :doh: So here goes, I am Chris!!

Bought a new pair of Maxxis the other day and was still really scrubbing them in, in the cold and wet in the middle of December! And gave a rather unreasonable review after my third session to said Scots man, involving waving my hand in such a fashion that made me look like I had a wasp caught in my glove (if you get my drift!!). But after playing about with pressures and getting a little more time and wear into them they gave me two bloody good last sessions.

So, my apologies to you, Maxxis, as they seem pretty good after all. So good in fact that for the last two sessoins the only guys overtaking me (apart from Lanky Scots man!) were the guys on wets. So pretty impressed overall. Especially with the Nellie. It's the first time since I've had her that I've used her in anger. Brakes? Bloody amazing!! Slipper clutch? Put your trust in it and it'll see you right. Benelli's unreliable?? My arse, I won't hear a word of it, the best bike I've ever owned :clap:

Cheers Guys for a great forum, Chris.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Glad it all came right for you in the end Chris.. :clap:
As for 'The Lanky Scotsman'.. Come forth and reveal yourself.. :D

·
All the gear, no idea
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers stephen!! Yes, come on, we know you're out there!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Ive got the Maxxis too and I reckon they are spot on, no complaints so far from road use , and they look superb too, Steve.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I had Maxxi's on my R6 and thought they were absolutely brilliant.
They warmed up quickly and gripped really well.
I would certainly fit them again.

·
All the gear, no idea
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep!! Couldn't agree more now it's the end of the day. I suppose that doing a track day in greasy conditions with only 60 odd miles under their belt wasn't the smartest idea I've ever had, but at £45 for the day I'd of been mad to refuse!!

Sorry Maxxis!! Love you!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
great to here good words to said about benelli . thought me and only another handfull had found them as reliable as any other italian make.
and ive had a few of there range .all never left me stranded,

happy track riding

·
Registered
401 Posts
had maxxis in the mv and am going to fit some to the nelli to as still has the good old 2003 dunlops bolted to her (think thats why the old owner put it down the road). Not had any problems with maxxis at all grip is awesome and have handled a couple of scary moments of quick reaction manovers (stupid car drivers they know who they are. Oh and the come round the corner at about 60 to be meet by a van sat there oooppps). Great tyres for a great price

·
Registered
52 Posts
Maxxis supersport are one of eight different tyres tested in Jan. Visordown.
Tested on lap times in damp and then dry conditions.Finished last of the eight but not slated by Mr Whitham.

·
All the gear, no idea
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aha!! (sorry, came over all Alan Partridge then!) IAfter a conversation with the other half 'Lanky Scotsman', God, so sorry! Is probably Holtie33. Mainly for the reason because he had 'Holtie' written on the back of his leathers!! Double f***ing :doh: Still, he certainly wasn't hanging around I can tell you!!
The Flying Scotsman, then? :ele:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Aha!! (sorry, came over all Alan Partridge then!) IAfter a conversation with the other half 'Lanky Scotsman', God, so sorry! Is probably Holtie33. Mainly for the reason because he had 'Holtie' written on the back of his leathers!! Double f***ing Still, he certainly wasn't hanging around I can tell you!!
Hi Chris
Yes it was one of my whippersnappers Holtie33, alias Brian Holt Jnr on his CBR600 Steely. I was the bloke with him in the morning with the red crutches and Matt black R1.
Brian Jnr trailered the track bikes in while I went by Tre-K; because I had to leave at dinnertime.:(
Nice to see your Tornado being used properly!:clap:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Still, he certainly wasn't hanging around I can tell you!!
Probably heard they were taking orders at the bar :rolleyes:

·
All the gear, no idea
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hurrah!! that's that cleared up then! Good to see the crutches aren't stopping you mate:bow: All in all a good day, certainly gave the rest of the guys in our garage something to try and catch. Hopefully I gave her a good showing and a bloody good advert too

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just had a great day at Oulton in the cold and wet where I happened to bump into a rather lanky Scots man who's on this forum! You know who you are!! But being typical blokes we never actually got around to asking each other's names :doh: So here goes, I am Chris!!
A Lanky Scotsman?! What have i ever done to you?!:rolling: Rob's right i'm a Lancashireman born and bred, hotpot every day for me:D
The Tornado looked and sounded awesome out on track Chris:bow: I must admit i was envious when i spotted your bike in the paddock, wish i'd have gone on mine!:(
I'm glad you got on with the tyres in the end, It's never easy in those conditions!:bow:

Lanky scotsman though?!:rolling:

·
All the gear, no idea
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmmm, sorry about that!! Trackday adrenalin coursing through the veins etc etc :eek: You're right though, how good would it of been to have two Tornados in the paddock? My missus was there watching, along with a few other trackday widows, and one of them said "Bloody hell, listen to the noise of your Hubby's bike compared to everyone else's"!! ENOUGH SAID!! :ele: :ele:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts