Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd give you an update on the situation regarding my Nelli. Well after chasing the dealership and the parts supplier for the last 5 weeks I have now been told that not all the parts have turned up :bawl: The things that are missing are the front sprocket, the clutch pushrod and a screw?
So has anybody got any of my missing spares sat on a shelf in their garage which I could purchase?
cheers
rod

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Rod, sorry to hear your 'tale of woe'. If you manage to find a source for the pushrod and screw, I have new 15t and 16t front sprockets for a 525 chain which I purchased recently as spares which you are welcome to if it's gonna help you out any. I'm in no hurry to fit either of them so I can always get another later on. Drop me an email if you get the other parts. [email protected]

Alternatively, you may want to give Russ a call at Bennetts in Barnsley to see if he can supply the parts you need.

·
5,934 Posts
You should be able to make a push rod out of bright mild steel. The ball bearing at the clutch side does all the hard work. The trick is to get the right dimensions. If you've got the old one, you're sorted - at least 'till you get the new one.

If you're still in strife in another week or so, mine's coming apart, so I can measure it up for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks laurence for your kind offer and the advice from engenia but after a phone call from the garage on monday apparently the old sprocket can be used as this wasn't damaged? Not sure about the clutch push rod as he hadn't checked that at the time of call. But while I was on the garages' website they have a used Benelli in their showroom, so I will suggest that if mine is knacked they use the one of the used bike or better still just give me the used one to used until my part turns up:) keep you updated when I know

cheers
Rodders

1 - 4 of 4 Posts