Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have realized that I would sleep better if I know which updates my moped have been done, especially clutch, starter, alternator etc.
Do you guys know if I can get these informations by illuminating the frame number to a dealer ? My moped is from Scotland - which dealer can I contact regarding this ?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Tornado where are you located in DK?
I think the thing you schould do is to take your bike down to Majö in Flensburg and let Marc have a look at it.
Thats what i did when i bourgt a Tornado RS in UK i january.
Turned out mine would need a new clutch shortly.

Cheers Per

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tornado where are you located in DK?
I think the thing you schould do is to take your bike down to Majö in Flensburg and let Marc have a look at it.
Thats what i did when i bourgt a Tornado RS in UK i january.
Turned out mine would need a new clutch shortly.

Cheers Per
Hi Per, I am located in Esbjerg - and you ?. I know Majö and will take it to a check there sooner or later. I am worried about the clutch too. But it would be interesting if I could get update informations ahead by using the frame number. I have already asked Majö by mail, but have not heard from them.
Hilsen
Lars

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hej Lars.
Jeg bor i Fredericia.
Ang. Majö så er det ikke deres mail de bruger mest tid på.
De er vist de bedste i nærheden af os men specielt billige er de ikke.
Jeg gav godt 300€ for gennemgangen og en ny koblingskurv koster ca 470€
Tør ikke tænke på hvad mit første service koster:rolleyes:
Nå vi må lide lidt for at køre på noget der ikke står på hvert gadehjørne.

Mvh Per

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Eh!!!..................... Now I might not be very bright but that just sounds like Dutch to me :rolleyes:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Hej Lars.
Jeg bor i Fredericia.
Ang. Majö så er det ikke deres mail de bruger mest tid på.
De er vist de bedste i nærheden af os men specielt billige er de ikke.
Jeg gav godt 300€ for gennemgangen og en ny koblingskurv koster ca 470€
Tør ikke tænke på hvad mit første service koster:rolleyes:
Nå vi må lide lidt for at køre på noget der ikke står på hvert gadehjørne.

Mvh Per
sounds all foreign to me Per ! :rolleyes:

:rolling:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Jeg har sendt en mail til Rusty Ross, Bennettsmotorcycles så håber han kan svare, da han jo skulle være UK guro på Benelli.

In dutch it sounds like: Ik heb een e-mail naar Rusty Ross, Bennettsmotorcycles dus hoop dat hij kan worden als hij was op Britse Guro Benelli.;)

- and english: I have sent an email to Rusty Ross, Bennettsmotorcycles so hope he can answer as he should be UK Guro in Benelli.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Inspired by this thread http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4918 I didn´t have the patient to wait for answers reg. updates on my clutch. Also because it sounded a bit noisy and rattled. So this morning I have disassembled the Clutch cover for a closer inspection on the clutch.

Everything looked fine. I had no tool for taking of the clutch, so I felt with my finger behind the big tooth wheel to see if the mid tooth wheel on 6mm was replaced with a 8mm tooth wheel. As far I can feel it was, so now I am more confident about the clutch. I also noticed that the clutch cover has been dismounted once before, as there was silicone sealing on the one side together with the clutch cover gasket.

Afterwards I shrewed of all the clutch springs to measure them. Some of them have been replaced. The replaced ones had a golden surface treatment and the old ones a black.

The measures was: 34,6 35,0 33,3 35,0 33,2 34,8 mm

Reassembled the springs and clutch cover and started the engine. Same noise as always - so I guess that´s how a Tornado has to sound ;)

·
1,841 Posts
Hi Tornado, the springs fitted to the clutch are 2 sets of 3. There should be 3 with a yellow marking and 3 with black marking. The 2 sets are of different spring rates. (yellow 170n) (black 230n) They are fitted intermittantly, ie one after another. It is designed like this for smooth and progressive action.
The wear limit ie the shortest the spring length should be is 33.5mm for yellows and 32mm for blacks. Of course it is best if all 3 of a set are equal.
The outer plate of your clutch is not in the small "dog" as in this pic from manual. Some seem to have been assembled like this and what difference it makes I am not sure,but other bikes including my suzuki have similar "dogs" and the manuals make a point of instructing that the plate must be fitted here. I have mine fitted here and I get good selection of neutral and I do not get the weird clutch lever movement that a lot of tornados do.
cheers colin..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts