Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Brisbane Kid
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the way to work thismorning and the new benelli tnt899t was running fine. And has been. Its just clicked over the 1000km mark.

Almost got to work and a warning light came on, a red spanner.

I shit myself and pulled over, and switched the bike off, had a once over and saw nothing wrong.

I started the bike back up and the same "r4" code came up on the screen as usual. But still a red spanner. I had to get to work and was in busy traffic so i just kept going to work. Noticed then that the speedo had me clocked at 0kmph the rest of the way there.

Got to work and left it all day.

After work I had another quick look over everything, but cant see anything wrong (not that I really even know what im looking at).

On the way home it felt fine, speedo working again, but still the red spanner.

Bike is due for its first service, cause i hit the 1000km mark today, but I cant get it in till end of week. And im inbetween cars.

I need the bike to get to work and back. But i dont wonna ride it if im damaging it.

Does anyone know what the spanner light means? And what I can check to see whats wrong, and will I damage the bike to keep running it.

Please help ASAP.

·
The Brisbane Kid
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im assuming that the light is an indicator that its due for a service, but why the speedo problem?

·
Registered
403 Posts
well..

Spanner = service time, should be no problem to use until the service gets done, but the other stuff, just italian "character" that the bike has.

somebody else maybe able to help you out there with the speedo

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey Bradley,

Service light is normal after 1000k, and gets reset after the service is done(does anyone know how they reset it?)
The speedo did have a recall on them so you may have to check with who you bought it from to see if it has been done yet.

How is the bike going anyway? Must get together for a ride:)

Troy

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hey Bradley,

Service light is normal after 1000k, and gets reset after the service is done(does anyone know how they reset it?)
they use their gameboy for checking all ECU's errors, if exist, etc.. then clear this "error code" (which is not an error as such)

a bad mechanic would cut the wire to the LED pins :p

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Brad,

I believe this works for the 1130 TNT's so it may also be the procedure for the new 899's

Start the bike, after a few seconds, hold in the starter button for about 10-15 seconds, or until the spanner disappears. (Don't pull in the clutch lever during the above - if you touch the starter with the clutch in, the starter can spin.)

·
The Brisbane Kid
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone.

And yeah the bikes going well. Just so different to a jap bike. Will have to meet up and go for a ride around mt glorious or somthing oztriple.

Does anyone know how long i can ride my bike before the service. Like I need to ride to work and back and cant get to the machenics till end of week, if i bring the bike in with like 1200km's for its 1000km service, is that going to hurt the warranty or anything?

G

·
Hi Bradley
Not sure wot the acceptable over run is for service milage before you invalidate your warrenty but i took my tornado in with 730 miles on the clock.. Wots that in Km's. . over 1200anyway, and i've never had a problem.
But it MUST be done... Its not just an oil change on a Benelli (apperantly).

·
The Brisbane Kid
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its not just an oil change on a Benelli (apperantly).
To this my mechanic replies "Its only basicly an oil change so u will be able to pick it up later in the day."

Thanks guys for the help

·
Registered
403 Posts
Just an oil change... :(

To this my mechanic replies "Its only basicly an oil change so u will be able to pick it up later in the day."

Thanks guys for the help
My first 1000K service was $167.00. Based on the fact that I just paid ~ 20 euro ( $40.00 +GST, + import duty for a factory filter), and motul 5100 is approx $61.00 for 4 ltrs, and a "good wipper snipper mechanic" is $110.00 / hr, that is likley all I got. :(

Try better next time.

Think that errols website tells you how to reset the spanner.

G

·

Thanks guys for the help
A bit more help friend

CHANGE MECHANIC QUICKLY AND GET YOUR 1st SERVICE DONE PROPERLY

Or you can just leave it and see wot bits fall off cuz he hasn't been round with the Torque wrench for a start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts