Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´ve been offered a 2007 green TRE-K with 4.000 kms, and a price that it is half of the otd brand new.
Well I've asked the owner what were the problems and he was honest saying that he was tired of the bike not starting.
Problem is that for half thprice of a new model this means I can have some extra for the problems but again the guarantee period is almost over and I can run into some other problems. I´ve asked the owner if a qualified mecanic coud look the bike...
Let me know your opinion and experience price and reliability!
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
where are you based?
(where is the bike for sale?)
Are you in the UK? - If so, try and get it to Barnsley (Bennetts) for Russ to have a look at at.
As far as I am aware the TRE K has hardly (if any) problems - nothing like the Tornado or TNT.
Again, speak to Russ at Bennetts - even though he sells (and services them very well I may add) for a living, I am sure he would tell you what to look out for if you cant get it down to him.
Try and send exjapsteve a PM - I was with him yesterday and he is still loving his TRE K

·
5,933 Posts
..Well I've asked the owner what were the problems and he was honest saying that he was tired of the bike not starting....
Find out under what conditions it won't start.

If it won't start when it is hot, it's got the classic 1130 "hot start problem", that is fixable with the latest alternator drive shaft, and a tweak to the gearbox primary shaft (I believe).

It's also the cause of trashed engines - so IT MUST BE FIXED BEFORE YOU USE IT.

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Hi Aramis, I,ve had my Trek for 18 months and have experianced the starting problem, simple cure new battery:ele: never failed since but i do keep it on the optimate when not being used.

Buy it you will love it!! (or if you live in the sheffield region don't buy it i don't want them to be common round my area:rolling: )

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Aramis, I,ve had my Trek for 18 months and have experianced the starting problem, simple cure new battery:ele: never failed since but i do keep it on the optimate when not being used.

Buy it you will love it!! (or if you live in the sheffield region don't buy it i don't want them to be common round my area:rolling: )
Thanks for your reply. The actual owner said that the bike had no problems!
Also he said that there´s still one year warranty for an 2007 bike, does Benelli offer 3 year guarantee?
Meanwhile he offered me the bike for 6.000,00 Eur, is it a good deal in your opinion (4000kms.)?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Also he said that there´s still one year warranty for an 2007 bike, does Benelli offer 3 year guarantee?.)?
Def 2-years is the Benelli warranty period. But if it was an Oct 07 bike then it wouyld have another year left. :)

Meanwhile he offered me the bike for 6.000,00 Eur, is it a good deal in your opinion (4000kms.)?
Not 100% sure of current price, but sounds a good price to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts