Benelli Forum banner

Useless Mirrors!

2K views 13 replies 0 participants last post by  laurencewhite 
G
#1 ·
Can someone remind me who it was who said you could bend the cockpit framework to make the mirrors useable?

If you are still around, can you either put a link up here, or give me a run down on how to do it without screwing my bike up!

I am getting fed up with not being able to see anything when I am in any position other than a full tuck with my chin sat aboard the tank!

Thanks in advance.

Andy

G
#4 ·
mirrors

If i can come up with a way of taking off the stock ones and putting a plate or something in there place to secure the fairing I was going to mount those Cafe racer ones on the RS, i ran bar ends on my VTR and the vision was outstanding.

G
#6 ·
The really easy way (and it doesn't look too bad) is to by a couple of those blind spot mirrors £5 each from car accessory store, the type that clip to the mirror pod and are on a ball joint so fully adjustable, I've fitted them to the top of my mirrors and you can see just about all you want.

G
#7 ·
When I brought my Tre the woman before put them on but man they do look nasty and if you try and remove them you gotta be proper careful cos they'll take all the writing off the mirror if your not careful

G
#8 ·
Re: mirrors - how to fix 'em

I've just updated my website with the method I used to sort out the mirrors. Take a look here, and follow the link to "mirrors".
Hi Errol,

Many thanks for the detailed info. on the mod for the mirrors.

Your web site is becoming a really useful reference point for all these 'hints & tips'.

Keep up the good work!!!:D

Laurence

G
#10 ·
Dean100,
You miss understood the type of blind spot mirror. They are DEFINITELY not the ones that STICK on. They are the type that clamp on the mirror pod!

I have a photo but can someone tell me how you add a picture? I know all these things are personal preferrence but they DO work well without all the hassle and are easily removed. There is one small screw which clamps the mirror to the Benelli mirror pod.

OK try this:=

G
#11 ·
Ohhh dude:eek :eek

Looks as though you're going to tow a caravan with those things on:\ If they do what you want them to do then that's fine, but I have to say that (for me anyway) they seem to take a hint of the bikes sex appeal away from it.

Al;)

G
#13 ·
Re: Alternative suggestion

I know Al, all these suggestions etc. are very personal but then that's what it's all about.
Personally I couldn't be A33ed with all the hassle of modifying the metalwork.
It works for me and that's the important thing as you say.

By the way, the next mod I have planned is the tow bar!! :D

Keep it rubber down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.