Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Father Ted rides a Tre
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well fellows, how's the form? Hope it's hot and sunny your side of the sea.
Was just wondering about valve clearances and when they need to be checked. My bike is 2003 and has just covered 11,000. Carried out a recent service changing oil, filters, pads etc... But when do valves need looked at?
Many thanks and good luck

·
Registered
131 Posts
According to the manual, 3750 miles and again at 6875 miles they don't expect it to last longer than that as its the last interval they give :rolling:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
:D Hi JP - hows tricks over there??

Long time no hear - hope you are well

Did you ever get your wheels looking shiny (ish) :D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
According to the manual, 3750 miles and again at 6875 miles they don't expect it to last longer than that as its the last interval they give :rolling:
When Russ serviced my Tre last year at 4200 miles, one of the valves needed shimming. So best follow the schedule.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Since the service manual was written, Benelli no longer recommend they need done at 3750 so it's now 6500 or thereabouts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Laurence,
presumably if they were done at 3000 miles, then they wont need doing until 9000, or shall I just check them anyway at the impending 6000 service, maybe the apprentice checked them last time, what do you reckon !!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
They could have been checked at 3k but didn't need anything done to them at that time so I'd be having them checked at the 6k service just to be on the safe side, if it was me.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Sound advice, will do mate, where will I get shims from now if needed,the unbelievable tradegy of Bennetts fire has scuppered my parts supply ???????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts