Benelli Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Saga Continues...

I got a call from the machine shop today with a report that all the valve guide inner diameters are smaller than the OD of the valves - by about ten thousandths of an inch!!! After two months of waiting for parts - and they're wrong.

It turns out my valve stems are actually smaller than called out in the manual as well - that book is not worth the paper it's printed on...

After several calls to the dealer, BenelliUSA says there are two part numbers - my parts book says otherwise. I do not yet know if one is the correct size.

Does anyone have experience reaming that much material from the valve guide? Is this acceptable? Is there a machine shop who can machine them to the proper inner diameter? The part number I have is R14013051A and the manual has no procedure for replacement of these. There is alos no spec for the valve guide inner diameter that woul;d yield the diametral clearance between the guide bore and the valve - anyone know this value???

Thanks,
Dean

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Looks like the correct part number to me Dean. The part number for the outer valve guide is R14013041A

1 - 2 of 2 Posts