Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am desperately in need of 3 shims - does anyone have a little stash they want to open up?:rolling:

Thickness's as follows:-
2x 2.45mm, part no. R14214501A
1x 2.50mm, part no. R14214521A

These are 8mm diameter. Motogb are out of stock - quoting 2-3 weeks. Cams are on the bench; waiting patiently...:doh:

If ANYBODY can help... I can do swaps, as follows:-
2x 2.25mm
1x 2.32mm

or pay your price (well, within reason!:rolling: )

Fast response appreciated, before I forget how it goes back together!:confused:

Cheers
Ian

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I know it's the other side of the World Ian but a quick email and he should be able to have them in the post to you pronto. Probably get them a lot quicker than waiting the 2 to 3 weeks as well. :clap:

Precision Shims Australia. Contact Chris at [email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try T&M Motorcycle Services, Langlands Mill, Langland Place, Newtown St Boswells, Scottish Borders; 01835822888 Good Luck! They should be able to help.

·
Registered
414 Posts
All the best in getting them parts Ian

Typical theres a postal strike on the horizon!!!! :bawl:
Also depends on how quick they clear that bl**dy backlog....:doh:

Hope you manage to get em and fit em :confused: before your memory gives up on you.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Shim Shiminey shim shimeny shim shim sheroo!!!

All the best in getting them parts Ian

Typical theres a postal strike on the horizon!!!! :bawl:
Also depends on how quick they clear that bl**dy backlog....:doh:

Hope you manage to get em and fit em :confused: before your memory gives up on you.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I 've checked with various local bike shops and auto engineers, but car shims are too big, and the common sizes for bike shims are 7.48 and 9.48mm diameter. I had even considered getting the 9.48 ones turned down to 8mm, but would have to take advice on how that would affect the hardness.

I have a couple more places to check in the morning, and will also ring T&M in the Borders - thanks James!:clap: . Failing that, I will e-mail Australia - thanks Laurence!:clap: I know that Errol uses them, and, in fairness, Lee at Robinsons of Rochdale, where Russ is now based, is pulling out all the stops to find me some, so respect to him too!:clap:

I'll keep you posted...

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, guess what? after numerous phone calls yesterday to dealers all around the country by Robinsons and me, we found out from one of the dealers that MotoGB DO HAVE THE SHIMS IN STOCK! What's that about?:confused:
The long and the short of it is that they have, I believe, posted them to me....just in time for the postal strike.:doh:

Had I not phoned around, in 3 weeks time I would be asking where my shims are.:rolleyes:

Watch this space.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Had mine done at the same time as new cam chain. the mechanic got his from local Ducati shop off the shelf, same size.:clap:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had mine done at the same time as new cam chain. the mechanic got his from local Ducati shop off the shelf, same size.:clap:
You are quite right, Tony. 8mm dia valve stems & shims on some of the earlier Dukes; Monsters, and the like. Trouble is, there are no Ducati dealers around these parts, so it would have to be mail order just the same. 2 of the 3 that I need have arrived this morning, I am just waiting on the 3rd, so the situation is under control, apart from the postal strike!:doh:

It is a good point, though, for others on the forum to make note of.

Thanks Matey!:clap:

Cheers
Ian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts