Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am considering another change of bike, recently owned Honda VFR 800, Honda VTR SP2 and currently Yamaha FJR 1300 all owned from new and no reliability problems happy with all previous bikes but for very different reasons, FJR is just not getting any admiring glances !
Really like the look of the Tornado particuarly in the green/silver but I need views on which of the 3 models would be my best bet and why ...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Simple one

Simple answer is the one you like most. Truth is that anyone of us us only about 50% of the bikes capable performance so the guys that say more horsepower, blah blah blah on the RS are only talking the numbers. I chose the LE simply because it looks the kitty. It has Ohlins, Marchesini rims, and Carbon Fibre all over the place. Plus I managed to rape the dealership on a brand new LE for 8500 pounds. But if you like the red the RS is for you. Or you could wait for an 06 model with the 1130 motor in it. I just happen to love the silver green version.8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey SurreyRider,

Picking among the 3 models is not going to be as difficult as to the adjustment you'll have to make in owning something that's high maintenance (compared to your Hondas and Yamahas.)

Like Johnyrottin said "because it looks the kitty." I bought my Benelli simply for its look. Personally, I wouldn't recommend owning a Tre as your only bike... it's a mistress that you'll have to keep on top of your other bikes.

Toby

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: only

War! :b Your RS and me YSR50! Or better yet, your RS and my CRF250 on a mx track! AND we'll blast Village People CDs from my private collection! :evil

Saw another posting in general of the '06 TNT at Milan... wow!!!! Get that one SurreyRider to replace your FJR with!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi surrey rider, Have owned tre for 3 months, done 2300 mls so far, have had small prob with battery, but owned zx12r & busa previously. Have never owned a bike before that turned so many heads, handles like a dream & mesmerises my mates behind me with the fans. all bikes i have owned have had some small annoyance somewhere, just a fact that you have to overcome them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nigly bits

And with the Chinese factory buying Benelli, and the fact that they are planning recalls to make things right, I believe any problems we have will be sorted duriing the 2006 year. Besides, have you ever had a bike that was as stunning to look at as the Tornado? I can sit there and stare at it for hours!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
niggly bits

johnny,
i have tried to e mail benelli to try and confirm that we have the remainder of the warranty,and to find out what the recalls might be.i have not heard anything yet.
anybody that finds out any news please let us all know.
it would be great relief and give us brits something to look forward to during the cold winter that they keep warning us about.
zebo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts