Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I 'm going to Scotland at the end of June with my TNT SPORT and my mate on a Buell. Someone got suggestions on where to sleep (has to be a hotel where we can stall the bikes safe). I prefer small hotels that are kind of biker-friendly, and should be near Edinburgh and Glasgow (that is how my route is set up). Thank you.

·
Registered
885 Posts
If you let us know your planned route it would be much easier, accomodation is pretty easy and I would say stay clear of the cities for obvious reasons, the smaller villages are safe as houses mate, we are just back from a weekend away as you may have seen the posts, and our place was not locksafe and no problems whatsoever, let us know when you are around, maybe bump into you at weekends:D

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
As Drew said, let us know your planned route and we might be able to meet up and possibly let you know where the best places to crash are (beds that is, not bikes;))

Al:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As Drew said, let us know your planned route and we might be able to meet up and possibly let you know where the best places to crash are (beds that is, not bikes;))

Al:)
Hello,
we arrive 30 June with the boat at Newcastle upon Tyne and drive through to Edinburgh that day. The 1st of July we start in Edinburgh an go.., Loch Gowan, Achmore, Fort William, Dukes Pass to end at Glasgow. The next day is going back to the boat.edinburgh and Glasgow to sleep may also become a nice little place nearby. :lager: we don't need luxury but it has to be a safe place. We realize the time we have to drive in Scotland is much too short but it was that or nothing.:bawl: since we plan to do another trip together every year and heard so much about Scotland we decided to do it this year.
ps how about the police in scotland, do they check speed often and is it good to have a db-killer in the exhaust or just keep it open and loud (in Belgium no problem)

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Heres a link top the accommodation in Scotland

http://www.visitscotland.com/shop/accommodation/

be carefull of the cameras just outside Newcastle on the A1 even on dual carraigeways and all the way to edinburgh

Also the A68 is bristling with cameras

The Edinburgh police are generally bike friendly so if stopped be nice and you may get a warning, probably best to have baffles in as it does not draw attention

The A697 is the road i would take to edinburgh, some cameras aswell though

makes me think what is the case with foreign riders and cameras , will they get done?

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Heres a link top the accommodation in Scotland

http://www.visitscotland.com/shop/accommodation/

be carefull of the cameras just outside Newcastle on the A1 even on dual carraigeways and all the way to edinburgh

Also the A68 is bristling with cameras

The Edinburgh police are generally bike friendly so if stopped be nice and you may get a warning, probably best to have baffles in as it does not draw attention

The A697 is the road i would take to edinburgh
Loads of cameras as soon as you hit Scotland. The first one you come to as soon as you cross the border is set at 70mph and about 800 yards up ahead there is another one but I'm sure that is set at 60mph. Don't get caught out. As Dynamo said, the A68 just seems to be one camera after another. The police here are generally okay, I've got the baffle out of my exhaust and I've not been stopped yet, but I tend to knock it up a couple of gears and keep the revs low when they're around;)

Al;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the comments, keep going, more work to make a route but the better it can get.
I live about 10 km from Antwerp, in Kruibeke, at the other side of the schelde (river).
:hiya:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts