Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 502c engine often stutter at around 4000 rpm. I have taken it to the official Benelli workshop in my city. He said that was normal and that was typical of Benelli with large cc (tnt 600 too) Is that true?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi.
I'd say lots of modern bikes produced today have this, mainly to get through the emissions tests they lean it out I think .
My Trek 1130 had it to till I changed the mapping ect.
Thank you for your explanation. Do you think this situation is normal? The Benelli service told me that ECU cannot be mapped. What should I do?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 502c engine often stutter at around 4000 rpm. I have taken it to the official Benelli workshop in my city. He said that was normal and that was typical of Benelli with large cc (tnt 600 too) Is that true?
Hi Albert, mine have the exact same problem. Been going back and forth to benelli dealer workshop, they felt and admit it too. Still searching for the cause. How's yours now? Found the cause and does the issue resolved?

Overall love the model, riding position and simplicity, but this stuttering at only 4000 rpm issue is eating off the joy

Best regards

·
Registered
10 Posts
Assuming you haven't done something cool but unfortunate (like adding a new Exhaust without other tuning) it sounds like a sensor issue going wrong or (as no error codes popped up), it may simply be dirty The Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) is the most likely which tells the ECU what the fuel-air mixture should be. Also if you're using lower octane or old or bad quality / contaminated fuel, the MAP could just making it too lean around that rev count. You could try an octane-booster fuel additive, if it cures it it's a fuel issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Assuming you haven't done something cool but unfortunate (like adding a new Exhaust without other tuning) it sounds like a sensor issue going wrong or (as no error codes popped up), it may simply be dirty The Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) is the most likely which tells the ECU what the fuel-air mixture should be. Also if you're using lower octane or old or bad quality / contaminated fuel, the MAP could just making it too lean around that rev count. You could try an octane-booster fuel additive, if it cures it it's a fuel issue.
Hi, thank you for the feedback.
No modification on my bike yet, including exhaust, using standard one. I felt this problem since receive the brand new unit though.
Did ECU scanning and no malfunction detected. May be the MAP cleaning will be the next step.
However, did change the spark plug, ignition coil, swapping full set throttle body, fuel pump, cleaning air filter and new fuel filter, this problem remains. Any idea what next to check?

Wondering about ECU. Is there anyway to reflash the ECU? In case of faulthy programming or something.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think I'm out of likely ideas on this one. As it's a brand new unmodified unit then it's unlikely to be a mechanical failure, not heard of any systemic quality assurance issues with the new breed of benellis. If they've swapped out the throttle body it is unlikely it's the MAP as it is located just in advance of that, and wouldn't have had the mileage to become dirty. Only other thing I can think of apart from making sure you have good fuel quality is a vacuum leak, but re-installing the throttle body should have addressed that. Old school test for that is running the bike at idle and squirting a tiny amount of Easy Start spray around the manifold and see if the idle speed changes: Try at your own risk! Re-mapping the ECU on a new bike that's otherwise unmodified should be unneccessary and outside my experiance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,
Want to update the stuttering issue. I brought the bike to Benelli Indonesia service center. They scan ECU no malfunction/error, clean throttle body all sensor including O2 sensor and EVAP canister, replace fuel filter and change spark plug using NGK CR9EK. Tuned using Sincro Multiman carburetion analyzer. Now no stuttering and acceleration is smooth as silk all across rpm :giggle:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pleased to hear it Lukito, enjoy the bike as it should be enjoyed. Any or all of those might have been contributing factors, although I didn't think to ask on the spark plugs as a possible cause. The wrong heat setting might have caused stuttering issues, and the "K" part of the NGK code indicates that the new plugs have a dual ground electrode, which is less sensitive to spark gap. Safe riding!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts