Benelli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to part ex my Suzuki Bandit 1200 for a low mileage TRE 900. Is there anybody interested? The Bandit is Y Reg with 4500 miles on the clock and I would consider it mint! I'm wanting around the £2000 mark for the bandit. If there is anybody interested I can be contacted either on e mail at [email protected] or
077889 74616.

Parky

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
part ex

Hey there....I know that Jordan at Three Cross Motorcycles does part ex's and has a couple 900s in stock. They have a limited edition used one and a new limited edition done in the racing colors. Tell him that John sent you down there and I am sure he will give you a good deal. Let me know if you have or don't have any results from him and I;ll give the owner a call.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your last. Tried to phone 3X but got no reply. I'II try again after New Year. I have a feeling that the LE model may well be a bit too rich for me but there is no harm in asking! By the way do you know why 3X gave up being importers? Cheers Parky

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure

Im not sure exactly why they gave it up. They are the importers for MV so maybe Benelli wanted an exclusive deal or something that KJM could provide that 3x couldnt. Anyway, make sure you mention that john sent you when you talk to Jordan and tell him he better give you a good deal or I will be calling to work the deal for you. They also have RSs down there new and used. keep me updated and let me know if I need ot make a phone call or two. Cheers.
John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: not sure

I was told by "three x" that they were seriously stitched up by Benelli, leaving them with obscene amounts of devalued stock, no backup no communication etc,etc and at present would not consider any form of dealership………………… but who really knows when money is involved.
If you want a surprise answer ask them if there is actually a UK dealer and what there stock levels are???? Very confusing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wanted TRE

John, Spoke to Jordan at 3X, initially he did not have a bike in my price range until he got back in touch with me later that day with an 04 TRE, 1600m at £5000. Not bad at all and I'm giving it serious consideration. The part ex price on my Bandit is a little shy though. Meanwhile KJM, Noel CLEGG and On Yer Bike are offering a new TRE at £6999 and my Bandit at £2500 an even better deal. Definately going to make a decision within the next 7 days unless a brill deal comes about privately. When I've bought the bike I'II see you at Brands. Regards Parky

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Wanted TRE

This is without doubt the best time to buy a tre cos of all thats happening right now. I bought a 2003 with 2500miles in absolute mint conditon and all the usual history/recalls etc for £4300. I later found out that the last owner was some ex copper (woman) who part ex'd it in for less than £4k! Sell your bike on ebay/mcn/bike trader and be willing to negotiate a little cos bike dealers will screw you generally on part ex. but are fantastic at buying from right now.

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Wanted TRE

You poms are lucky to have these price options..

Us poor cousins in Australia forked out $33,000 for the base model Tre in 2003.:x

Even at 5000 GBP its a steal
:D

regards
Tax

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great deals!!

Yes I figure there is a "reason" albiet a hidden one for the separation of Benelli from its main importer in the UK. Looking forward to hearing what price you guys get your bikes at and pics of them. Speaking of pics, how do we get them on the site and who keeps the site up? Some real misinfo on the main page. BTW, i bought my brand new limited edition for....hold on to your bollacks, 8500 pounds. Yep, you read that right! Let me know if you are going to buy it from KJM. Would love to head up there with you and pick it up just to meet the guys and shoot the bull a bit.
john:b

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great Deals

:hat Hello one and all, hope you had a good Christmas break. I have a 53 plated Tre with all the carbon acessories that i want to sell or part x for an LE.

Johny, did you get yours from 3X, if so I am I am willing to loose a bit if I could get an LE for that kind of money!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LE

Yep, sure did. I know they don't have any new LEs left but they did have a new one. Check their web site. KJM is selleing LEs for 11999.00 and you may be able to work a better deal on one being a repeat owner. Maybe we should organize a ride for you and Parky and all of us to go up there and arrive with a load of TREs. That should make some noise and maybe pull some strings for you to get a better deal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LE

:hat I,m up for that! Better make it when there is no salt on the roads though, I would hate to see my bike corrode away before my eyes!!! :lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts