Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

i`ve been for a long ride to bunbury from perth,, met this the second CR owner in WA.......... coming back today,, half way,, i`ve notice the warning light on,,, like the other post,,, it was a warm day,, 35-36 degrees,, but that as never been an issue before,, could it be something else simple..... engine seem to be running ok,, no problem to start,, sound exactly the same..

wonder if it can be reset...... because if i bring it to the dealer, they don`t even have the software apparently to diagnose it.

anything i could do myself?

·
3,085 Posts
Yo Arnaud

give Bikers Corner in joondalup a call, Clayton the SCPS head tech dude is coming over to Perth either this week or next ( bikers Corner is the new benelli agent for us) and he is bringing the axone handset, so he can download a new map ( if needed, seeing as yours has been tuned with a pc is may make that new pc map out of tune) or at least he can run a diagnostic check :). I expect to drop my Rs off there tomorrow or thursday.
PS, why's the bunbury owner selling ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

the light went out by itself,, but the info u give me is great,, good to know there`s somebody else,,, jondalup is not close though,, but worth trying

the guy in bunbury is selling hes because he want to make some improvement to he`s house,, but after seeing mine and having a ride together,, he as change is mine, and might be keeping it,, he`s price was too high,,23,000, for second hand stock standard

mine is for sale at 19900, with the acessories

thanks..

when are u bringing your bike,, i would mine to bring mine there, but got no time, if u want to go with mine, and have a friend ride yours,, let me know

·
3,085 Posts
Its already up there

dropped it off today, the other Cafe Racer in WA is in their workshop having a minor problem fixed, A lady owner, currently their is 3 CR's and 3 Tornado's in WA. I'll let you know when Clayton is in Perth and you can get a diagnostic check, I just caught the train home, very quick to get from Joondalup to Beeliar now with the new mandurah railway. If you get stuck on being able to get it up their when he's in town just give us a call I I'll see if I can help :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info

that guy u are talking about,, i guess is not free,, i dont want to spend too much for nothing in return on the bike,, just for a disgnostic for example..

·
Registered
78 Posts
If your light is the same as the one I 'had' it resets after two restarts. I spoke to one of the dealers in Melb (not the one I bought it from) and they've seen it before but couldnt guess at the cause. With that said they were able to confirm that it wanst likely to leave me stranded on the side of the road. The computer will continue to store the fault in memory but clear the display so you know if its happens again.
Id be interested to see if its the same cause once youve had it diagnosed.

AJ

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
warning light.

mine stopped after maybe 3-4 restart.. i was not counting,,, i just realised it was gone,,, i don`t ride the bike often,, it stay in a showroom,,, so i don`t know when it will come back on,, hope not

·
3,085 Posts
you arnaud

Clayton from SCPS is up at Bikers Corner on the 23 January, I've asked the guys if it is okay to run a quick diagnostic check on your bike and if thats okay is it covered under warranty or is their a cost. I'll let you know the answer I get :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Should be warranty unless a fault is found which can be directly attributed to the rider.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I eventually managed to get mine into the workshop last week to get the dianostics through it. They confirmed its a temperature related issue and think its a software rather than sensor or mechanical issue. I believe Im running the current map however Im dropping it back Tuesday (Jan 29th) to get some other work done so Ill chat to the mechanic again about the diagnosis.
In any case they were able to clean the computer out and basically said 'we dont think its a major issue so if it continues just come back and we'll clean it out again'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts