Benelli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Brisbane Kid
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some fairly urgent matters with my TNT at the moment.

Does anyone know how I go about getting warranty work done is Australia ATM. In brisbane expecially.

My problem is the dealer I purchased it from is 1000km's away and there useless anyway. Is it possible to contact the new importer for parts?

Thanks in advance.
(broken benelli rider)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sorry to hear

Dont think you have been to specific enough about what is the problem here.
The new importers e-mail address is on the forum here ( ..)
You can try to sort it out with them, the recommend.
Please note: If you touch it yourself, with another un-approved dealer, please dont expect to get any money back. ( its in the insurance policy).

What is exactly wrong with it..
Can you elaborate...
Maybee we could attempt to help out.
Would only buy from a local dealer.. Even then there is no guarantee about satisfactory service.
Just that nobody is around long enough here, or have enough volume of bikes through to sort them out.

·
The Brisbane Kid
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 Main issues.

1st one is there is a massive fuel leak coming from 1 of 2 connectors on the bottom of the petrol tank. The one on the right hand side. It is emptying my tank slowly and going all over the bike and electrical's.

2nd one is that my sump is leaking on the front left side. The gasket seems to be sticking out a tiny bit. As if its been overtightened and broken the gasket. Its a small leak, but enough that if I park the bike for more then 30minutes i start leaving a puddle.

·
Registered
403 Posts
probs.

look in top of tank, their is a small hole on the RHS,

The fuel hose's I beleive to be breather tubes, they should have 2 tubes that connect to each individual ones, that go past the exhaust pipe. and drbble out.( expansion breather) You should have 2 black hoses. trying to get a new EFI pump will not be easy in AUS

may sound like there is a crack in the breather line, just catch the fuel and work out where the level stops. remove the tank and then the fuel pump and have a look.

Oil leak, can try to order a gasket from Aus, Ring A1 and see what they can do, and fit it yourself. ( sorry). If not e-mail maniac for a gasket.

I would fix it myself, as those bike dealer shops tell you and charge for 1 thing and do none of it at all.
You could fix it yourself, and be likley quicker.

[email protected], best you pick up the phone first
easier to get a reply that way.

·
The Brisbane Kid
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for answers.
Will removing the tank and/or changing the gasket hurt my "warranty"?

·
Registered
403 Posts
warranty

Thanks for answers.
Dunno, but short of phoning the dealer and dancing on his doorstep, and expect him to ignore you ( based on the fact he has 1000km distance and wasnt interested in your extra keys) expect little to nothing.:mad:

So, the warranty is not really a concern as I expect that you will have little success in claiming against it. :mad: :confused:

request an a gasket, download the maintenance manual, and see what you can do yourself, just don't tell anybody your doing it yourself.

If you can get somebody to do something with it, they may take 1- 2 months.

:mad:

·
5,933 Posts
I was up front with JohnnyO, who was with SCPS at the time. Knowing my lack of dealer support, he (& hence SCPS) was quite happy for me to carry out any work, without loss of warranty.
When my loom was damaged through rubbing on a metal edge that hadn't been deburred, I fixed it myself. Again, JohnnyO was more than happy for me to do it. Saved me down-time on the bike, and didn't cost SCPS a thing.

I think you'll find that the current importer will let you do the work, if you can convince them you're competant. They'll supply the parts under warranty, and save themselves the cost of a mechanic. You'll get the job done faster. Everyone wins.

·
The Brisbane Kid
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone know if there is a repairer in brisbane at all?

·
The Brisbane Kid
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for that information.

Hi Brad

We are the new importer for Benelli and will honour warranty claims for bike sold by the previous importer as long as it meets warranty criteria.

If you warranty issues – you need to get the bike to a dealer authorised to perform warranty work . They will have to assess the bike and make a request for warranty – we will then process it with Benelli and get the parts shipped to the dealer.

So get your dealeer to contact us before they start work on your bike.

Kind Regards
Craig Moodley
Director
This fills me with alot of confidence in the new importer. I just dont think there is a "dealer autherised to perform warranty work" in brisbane.

Im taking it to a guy on firday, I know he has fitted replacement parts on benellis before, just not sure if hes "authorised".

Anyways, im alot happier now then I was yesterday, and the email response was quick as.

I have a new found love for my benelli, its doesnt make me cry when I look at it now.

The new importers may do the brand justice.

·
5,933 Posts
...r. I just dont think there is a "dealer autherised to perform warranty work" in brisbane.
Im taking it to a guy on firday, I know he has fitted replacement parts on benellis before, just not sure if hes "authorised"..
Shouldn't be a problem to get your guy authorised. I had my neighbour authorised a few years ago - he owns a bike shop, but didn't have the Benelli dealership. Of course, that was back in the SCPS days.

Just contact Craig. I'm sure he'll get it sorted out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Good luck with warranty work, Im still waiting for a response from stoney creek motorcycles about a new alternater that i had to pay 1500 dollars for up front. It was replaced mid December and still no satisfaction. I honestly believe the warranty given with these bikes ain't worth the paper its written on. If i was you i wouldn't worry about the warranty as its none existant in Australia. I have been in touch with prices comsumer dept and have been informed that the bike dealer who sold you the bike is responsible for the warranty and its up to them to get money from Benelli for the work carried out. I know we have a new importer but it seems they have filed away any claims in the bottom drawer to forget about have sent emails but still no jo. GOOD LUCK WITH GETTING THEM TO SUPPLY PARTS BUT DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH WAITING FOR THEM TO ARRIVE

·
Registered
403 Posts
Anyways, im alot happier now then I was yesterday, and the email response was quick as.

I have a new found love for my benelli, its doesnt make me cry when I look at it now.

The new importers may do the brand justice.
Not to say "we told you so", we did mention that things will be difficult to get sorted out. se la ve

·
Registered
156 Posts
i have changed my mind about stoney creek motorcycles i have been dealing with a fella called Sinh and he is very helpfull and friendly parts can be purchased straight from them.:clap: :clap: :clap: At last a company that cares for its a customers :ele: try going through [email protected] im sure he will help you solve your problems:clap: :clap: cheers

·
The Brisbane Kid
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
great to see some optimisism for benelli in australia.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Their interest

If they want to make a go of their business, that is the only wa to keep it afloat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts