Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I am trying to see where we all are with regards parts on order. Warranty or otherwise to get a handle on this situation.

1: Tornado Fairing lowers (Warranty) ordered June 2008 - No sign
2: Tornado Headlight Unit (Warranty) ordered August 2008 - No sign

I am sure there are others in a much worse situation than myself. I am interested to see how many others are waiting on parts which may or may not be rendering their bike unroadworthy. Please post up what you are waiting on. Is it warranty? what is it? and when was it ordered?

Thanks

·
Registered
784 Posts

Well the parts I ordered and paid for don't make my bike unroadworthy but none the less I have waited a while.

1. Lower TnT Sport Evo fairings in black, brackets and related nuts & bolts.
June 2008

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hi I am trying to see where we all are with regards parts on order. Warranty or otherwise to get a handle on this situation.

1: Tornado Fairing lowers (Warranty) ordered June 2008 - No sign
2: Tornado Headlight Unit (Warranty) ordered August 2008 - No sign

I am sure there are others in a much worse situation than myself. I am interested to see how many others are waiting on parts which may or may not be rendering their bike unroadworthy. Please post up what you are waiting on. Is it warranty? what is it? and when was it ordered?

Thanks
1: Tornado fairing lowers (Warranty) ordered January 2008 -No sign, just being given a 10 month runaround by KJM
2: Tornado clocks (Warranty) ordered May 2008 - No sign
Cheers
Ian

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Tornado lower fairings - June '08 ... warranty ... no sign. :mad: Mike

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It appears everyone is waiting on at least bodywork :(
Is anyone currently off the road waiting on parts or have you been and for how long?

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hey guys, lets not get carried away too much here. I've never heard of anyone yet that hasn't had a genuine Benelli warranty claim sorted out eventually (often thanks to the perseverance of the Dealers) :clap:

OK, so it might take a while (that's just how the Italians do things) but I'd rather know that it will be sorted out eventually, rather than possibly not at all.

Go onto some of the Bike Forums for the mainstream manufactures and I'm sure you will find some horror stories regarding their warranty claims.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I dont think is so much of a "Benelli" problem its more like an "Italian" problem as weve had nightmare's with machinery parts etc from Italian manufacturers, theres times of the year that it seems as though the whole country is on holiday for weeks on end which then creates a backlog which once has cleared up they go off on holiday again! good luck with parts anyway:D

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Laurence
From a personal perspective, in nearly 20 years of motorcycling and numerous warranty claims over a variety of different manufacturers. Japanese / Itallian / British, I have always been able to get parts within a matter of days. I feel for the Benelli dealers and can only comment on the one I am using. They are possibly one of the finest dealerships I have had the pleasure of using and are doing all they can to support their customers and myself. I have no doubt that my warranty claim will be sorted along with everyone elses on this forum, but how can anyone explain and also justify a manufacturer sitting on warranty claims for up to a year with no end in sight!!
I knew what I bought into when I bought a Benelli but I just feel they are taking the proverbial piss. I have been waiting 3 months now for a part that renders my bike unroadworthy and if it not for my dealer probably robbing the part off another bike I would probably be sitting in the same situation next summer. No matter how 'niche' a manufacturer, this is not acceptable.
This is also not simply an issue of warranty claims and which claims are honoured and which claims are not by Benelli or A.N Other manufacturer. This issue is with regards supply of parts... or lack of.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
903 Posts
Congratulations on the new Nelli Rob.

With regards to any warranty issue's, I think that Benelli have now closed the door on issuing parts for machines that are well out or warranty. (They had to draw the line sometime and have (in my opinion) gone some way in issuing parts to machine out of warranty as good will.) If your machine is low mileage with FSH it may be worth your local dealer putting in a claim (if needed!) and seeing what happens.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
another nelli!!!

Congratulations on getting another Tre Rob, I thought people owning two tre's in a lifetime was a legend, a myth, a fable passed down to idiot children by concerned italian mother's wanting them to learn from their mistakes :rolling:
or for people who've sold their souls to lucifer for the forbidden pleasure that is benelli (ie Laurence, JR, Lloyd etc) or even for people who have paintings of themselves in the attic that age when they don't, giving them time to save up!

as for the warranty work my nelli was an 03 plate bought in august 07 and I had no trouble getting things sorted by jerry and brian at motogb :bow:
ok my lower panles took about 5-7 months to get to me but I got em in the end and they were gorgeous:ele:

hope the weather fair's up at the weekend for you mate.

PS you jammy jammy jammy sod ( I'm not a bit jealous though:bawl: )

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Tornado lower fairing ordered in May, delivered in June. Deal with the Russmeister! :bow:

Col

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Tornado lower fairing ordered in May, delivered in June. Deal with the Russmeister! :bow:

Col
You must have got my set, then, as mine were ordered in January from Brian at MotoGB, and I'm still waiting - 10 months :mad: . Maybe you got priority because you bought the bike from Bennetts, whereas I bought mine privately, but it should not be so. A warranty claim is a warranty claim.

The fact is that this is an unacceptable time frame to have to wait for parts, and, frankly, I am not sure that it will be sorted out eventually, such is the runaround that I have been given. It doesn't stop me riding the bike, but it would stop me selling it if I wanted to, because it looks crap, and who would buy it with clocks that show a temperature of 85 degrees C when it's cold, and indicate that it is boiling up as soon as you run it? As it happens, I don't want to/need to sell it at the moment, and I'm happy to keep it, but, would I buy another one? Nah, not likely, and all because of the abysmal warranty back-up.

If I were you, Robfm, I would buy one which still has some warranty on it, because, if I hadn't done so, I think I would be whistling for my panels and clocks now. Or, make absolutely sure that all mods have been done before you commit to buy. Just my opinion of course :D .

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
:jig: :jig: :jig: Fairing panels have arrived :jig: :jig: :jig: clocks have arrived :jig: :jig: :jig: Oh me of little faith - 10 months is the mere blink of an eye in the context of the universe, creation etc ;)

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
1 Posts
warranty issues

good day i am the parts manager for moto gb i would be interested in your outstanding claims
if you send me details ie chassis number what dealer submitted claim i will look into the problem
i would say that fairing panels are an issue some claims are over 1year old i have only been here for 4 months but we clearing up a lot of old issues
e-mail [email protected]

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Well done Paul! Thanks for the prompt reply to my email. Perhaps there is hope for long suffering Benelli owners at long last. Mike :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts