Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Waiting for the AA
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fairing lowers are peeling. Told Streffords to get it sorted when they changed my discs under warranty in April. They told me then it would be August before MotoGB had any in stock.

It went in last week to get the core plugs done. I asked about the fairings to be told again that they're still outstanding.

Problem is the warranty is up in Nov. I want it fixed before then, plus i don't want any aggro if they don't get them in until the warranty is up.

Also want the brake reservoir cap replaced as all the paint has come off and the gear lever changed as the rubber has cracked.

Streffords told me that Benelli don't like that sort of thing once the bike is over 12 months old.

Anyone else suffering with long waits???

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
These are all common problems. They are unlikely to change the brake reservoir cap or the gear lever. The suggestion for the latter, in my experience, would be to just cut the rubber off:)
Apart from the fairing lowers, they are no big deals, really.
Cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm also waiting to hear back on my 1130's warranty claims. It looks as though they will NOT replace the gearlever (damagesd rubber) or the rubber end/covers to the throttle cables as they join the twist grip.

I am waiting on confirmation that they will replace the loose indicator toggle switch and the "mode" switch as I cant scroll through the functions time-trip-lap-timer etc.

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Ahhh the rustle of flaky paint!

Hi there Jazzy, I waited nearly 7 months for my lowers, I contacted them every friday without fail and never let it get to me other wise I would ave blown a gasget as well :D

just keep plodding mate and when there here you'll forget all about the wait :ele:

PS if anyone (don't you dare!) drops their tornado, I've got two unpainted lowers going begging, I could even ask the local spray shop on the cost to get them blown over cos their work is second to none.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Even if they have not got the parts, they should at least be able to tell you if the claim has been approved by now. If the warranty is due to expire and the parts have still not arrived I would be asking for something in writing personally. Have to say it does seem to depend on dealer, as I had 2 lots of flaky panels replaced on my old Tre and Russ managed to get hold of them both within 2 months.

How are you finding Streffords by the way? I am in Solihull and to date have always taken the bike on its annual pilgimage to Bennetts, but with things still up in the air with Bennetts it looks like I might have to use Streffords.

Col

·
Registered
25 Posts
Question on warranty claims. i have only completed 1600 miles and my exhaust lets more gases out the front end than the back, when i come back from a good run the swing arm has burn marks on it. has anybody had an exhaust can replaced? still good fun to ride but wondering if I should be pushing for a replacment now or wait until next visit to the shop.

Cheers Ian

·
Registered
25 Posts
Exhaust gases

Hi Ian , Someone else mentioned this I think it was dark marks around the seals on the end can , they suggested some sort of high temperature silicon sealant, or something like that. I get those marks on mine but they clean off easily. Cheers Gnome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts