Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I've not been posting much recently.

So watch A Current Affair this week to see the gory details.

Not sure what night as yet. Will let you guys know if I find out more.

ciao
Derek

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Story did not air last week ... Bushfire crisis more important and rightly so. Perhaps my story will be on this week.

Stay tuned :eek:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, it's about the TnT.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It aired last night, sorry I didn't find out until it was too late. The story was about the lack of Lemon laws.

Check out this link to the online video:

ACA Lemon Story

ciao
Derek

·
Registered
513 Posts
It aired last night, sorry I didn't find out until it was too late. The story was about the lack of Lemon laws.

Check out this link to the online video:

ACA Lemon Story

ciao
Derek

Did you have any joy Derek ? On the Tre's I know that the idle speed was increased probably to counter stalls

·
Registered
403 Posts
hooley dooly

crab-bait bought his from there. a 2008 model to, but his alternator flew to pieces in 1500 kms, He was not too happy, and A1 didn't pay for that one.
That is probably advertising that they didn't need. But if justified then so be it.

Sincerley hope they do something about it for you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sadly I relate to Drekka all too well. I bought an 07' CR from there and have basically the same issues. Perhaps they got an exceptionally bad batch or perhaps they just dont know how to work on these bikes?

Im hopeful my story will have a happy ending. With that said if I dont ge the result I want perhaps Ill team up with Drekka and Crab-Bait for a follow up story.

N_O

·
Registered
376 Posts
Let me clear something up here....

Yes, Drekka has had the worst luck of any TnT owner I know. BUT, a1 has never turned him away and has bent over backwards to fix his bike including getting Clayton down from Sydney on several occasions. They even loaned him a bike for sometimes months at a time whilst his was in the shop. AND they are still willing to sort out any remaining issues if he cares to bring his bike back in (hopefully minus the ACA film crew :rolling:).

My own experience with the a1 workshop has been very positive even though I've spent way too much time there in the past. I've found them very professional and sympathetic to my frustrations with the various issues I've had with my TnT in the past. On a positive note, since I've had the starter motor, stepper motor, alternator drive and clutch basket upgrades done, my TnT has been running beautifully.:)

The real issue here is with the factory, it's a bit harsh to say the dealer has to carry the can for what is a series of manufacturing or design issues. Of course, having the importer go tits up in OZ during all this has left everyone short of parts & technical assistance for the duration. Hopefully with the appointment of a new importer this is about to change.

Mike

·
Registered
403 Posts
ladies and gents

It just seems really really strange that they can't fix the 2 cycles in question.
They are metal and electronics, ( likely 80% plastic) as far as I know nothing really spiritual or bio-mechanical.
If these 2 guys in question have have all the parts fitted, the same as Mike TNT, then what is really the issue. ( the credability of the N_O and DREKKA is not / never was in question)

Coming from, if it's broke you fix it. if it's not broke, you PM (preventative maintenance) it so it doesn't break.

I am really bewildered, why so strong in some and absolute paperweights in others.

Dont have anything against A1, but it's nice of people to respond to e-mails when you want to throw money their way.

Have a nice weekend, I am resuming the temporay citizenship around the adelaide hills.

G

·
In good old Blighty we have
MERCHANTABLE QUALITY LAWS

If the item is not fit/safe for the purpose for which it is sold then fix it or refund basicly
Traders still riggle there way round it but at least its a start.

Personally i am taking a leaf out of my ACKMED THE TERROIST book these days and if i don't get wot i want i simply say
please fix it or. . . I KILL YOU

·
Nuted
23 Posts
Oh Contrare!

My own experience with the a1 workshop has been very positive even though I've spent way too much time there in the past. I've found them very professional and sympathetic to my frustrations with the various issues I've had with my TnT in the past.
As I rode to the Moto GP, at Phillip Island, immediately after purchasing my CR, the 1st service was at A1 in Melbourne. I found them unfriendly and taciturn. My attempt at friendly "Benelli" conversation was met with a stern, "we service many bikes".

It now appears that the failure to service the alternator has cost me dearly. This may have been due to a lack of information from the importer???

Either way it was a most unenjoyable and disasterous encounter.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Oh really

SNAP. I dont get much of a "we want your business, and are happy to deal with you after we get your bank cheque" sort out your own parts they tell me

Maybee what we need here is a "maniac Motors' guy, that just deals with this bike only, lives and breathes them. He'd have plenty of work and a challenge. dont think he would make much money why you say

"because the Internal combustion engine was made relaible 60 + years ago, and fuel injection came out with the 53 Vette"

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
I more than sympathise with you guys, god only knows I’ve had my problems with both the Benelli’s I have owned, the latest drama is recently getting it back from having a blown alternator shaft fixed, took it out last Saturday now a stick coil has packed up…………. but and I think it’s a big but you have to put the blame squarely on the factory shoulders, with their hollow promises to both the dealers and us the end users.
The small margins for the dealers on these bikes in my opinion doesn’t allow for them to constantly have to appease us due to factory issues. I know there are some dodgy dealers out there but as a whole all of the Benelli dealers I have spoken to over the last 5 years I personally think have the patients of saints.
why is it that the factory have still not fixed the major problems like starting and fuelling, which in the scheme of things needs only a small investment from the factory to put right, they seem happy to ignore our plea’s of frustration because we take it out on the dealers.
I know (from bitter experience) that there are other bike manufactures who have had major issues with their machines but the bikes are about half the cost of ours and spares are available within a reasonable timeframe not like Benelli where you are told in the middle of our very short summer “sorry the factory is shut and there isn’t one of those in the country until September mate”......... I feel sorry for Derek he’s been a patient guy but also I find myself feeling sorry for A1 …..How can they fix a problem on a bike which is built with the fault within its design, its not like they can remove a single component and replace it.
It goes far deeper than that, I’ve always known that the Benelli is a labour of love, and I do love mine but everyone has their threshold limit and I appreciate that Derek has reached his.
Phew Rant over.
Vtxbrit

·
Registered
403 Posts
Agree'd as above

Yes, whole heartedly agree. The Benelli factory may wish to be carefull in such ecnomic times, customers are the lifeblood of a business.

Cheers,

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi guys,

Despite producing what appears to be a very poor quality bike, the factory doesn't take any responsibility and won't deal with bike owners directly. They enforce the dealer network which means it's the dealers we have to go to. But regardless of that, here in Australia the law states that it's the dealers who must back up the warranty, as they are the sellers of the bike and the warranty to the customer.

A good summary of the issues I've had with the bike can be seen here. Check out Flymo Rider's posting. And in case you're wondering, yes, she is still with me! :bow: :bow: :bow:

So, yes, you could say that after taking the bike back to the workshop 18 times in 19 months (without the ongoing problems ever being resolved) that I have issues with the dealer. I am tired of being told "come pick it up, it's running perfectly" yet 5 minutes down the road it's missing, stalling and the injector warning light is coming on....again...etc etc.

I'd also been told many times with regards to the end of the warranty "Don't worry, we will look after you" yet the moment the importer went belly up they refused to honour the warranty. So their promises meant nothing. All for the sake of a $1000 worth of parts which they could not even guarantee would fix the bike. And as it turned out, guess what? It didn't.

As I mentioned above, the dealer has to honour the warranty if they sold the goods to you with a warranty. So I had to get my lawyers and the VACC involved and ONLY THEN did the dealer honour the warranty. The letter of demand from my lawyers also gave them plenty of notice that this was the last opportunity they would have to fix the bike and have it working properly. They had the bike for 5 1/2 weeks and once again when I got it back I was told "it's running better than it ever has". Guess what? I ride around the first corner, it starts missing, less than 10 kilometres down the road the injector warning light comes on and then to top it off, when I pulled over it started idling to 2500 rpm for no reason, then later on stalled again. :doh: :bawl: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So now I have to take the matter down the legal road, as the dealer is refusing a refund.

The law in Australia under the Trade Practices Act (Federal) and Fair Trading Act (State) states that goods must be of merchantable quality and fit for purpose. Merchantable quality does not mean they must just look ok when you ride it out of the shop. A consumer is not expected to know of any defects that are not easily seen eg; mechanical defects. Plus, defects can appear over time which can also indicate that the goods are not of merchantable quality. If the goods break down, then they are not fit for purpose.

Then there's the issues of parts. The dealer claimed they could not go to the factory directly, whilst other dealers I contacted had no such problem. They claim it can take up to 3 months to get parts. If I can ship stuff from the states within 5 working days (2 days before Christmas) why does it take someone who should have the right connections, as a matter of course, 3 months? Conveniently the same amount of time before the bikes' warranty runs out.

It is a pity my dream bike has become such a nightmare.

After spending at least $55,000 (3 new bikes and plenty of accessories) over the years with this dealer, I expected at the very least for my consumer rights to be honoured.

Will keep you posted on the legal battle.

ciao
Derek

·
Registered
403 Posts
Dunno, I just Dunno.

Italy, purveyor of fine foods, ferarri, maserati and lamborgini.
marrelli throttle bodies used the ducati's,
marelli ECU used on valentio's M1,

just dunno how they could get it so wrong. Surely, somebody has one that runs like stink.

When they have to buy it back tell them to ring me and I may just take it from them. ( massive fire sale price, think 4K should do it), be a project for a couple of years.

Paul smith has no complaints about his, what doe he have that everybody else doesn't

1 - 20 of 20 Posts