Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was planning on putting a new oil seal into my water pump because oil is coming out of the weep hole.
After emailing Alex Nolte from maniac motors he suggested to replace the whole set of seals because I have to pull the shaft to do so.
Have some of you any experience in this ? Cheers Sammy

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yes as Errol says easy to do. I did mine however all that was wrong with mine was the spring around the internal seal wasn’t seated properly. (Like the ones on fork seals ) . All good from then on .

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes as Errol says easy to do. I did mine however all that was wrong with mine was the spring around the internal seal wasn’t seated properly. (Like the ones on fork seals ) . All good from then on .
Yeah I just got the quote including shipping it's 55 Eur for a part that costs next to nothing. I better take it apart first and see. He is also charging me 10 Eur extra because it's a small order which is not very nice since I spent like 500 Eur last month on parts.
So do you guys know someone who is cheaper?
Cheers Sammy

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would of thought you should be able to buy all the seals from a store that deal with such items. I think bearing sellers may sell seals as well.
And it would be a lot cheaper.
Once you have taken the pump apart you would be able to measure the sizes of the seals.

·
6,173 Posts
Oil seal is standard, available from a bearing supplier.
Water seal is special. Probably have to go genuine for that, although I'd be surprised if some other bike didn't use it too, but no-one's mentioned it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
You can get seals made to a pattern but it will probably cost about £25-£30 each plus postage both ways. so probably cheaper buying from Maniac Motors. I got some made for my Volvo Sugga shocks from Stevson Motors Ltd

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello I finally got the new kit. Still have one question : Who has done this before and can give me some advice how to take out the two ball bearings and what to look out for. Cheers Sammy.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Putting the water pump and seals back together was not very difficult. I put gasket sealant on the 2 halves because the first time i put it back together it started leaking. Now there seems to be a small drop of oil forming at the neck where it enters the oil sump. It might be because of the new o Ring i used on it. It might seal better after riding a few times when it gets hot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts