Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just been scouring the net looking for a decent set of lightweight waterproofs that can be rolled up into a nice little bundle that won't take up too much room in a backpack. Seeing the set that N33ly had on at Rogart looked Ideal but I'll be buggered if I can find those anywhere. The nearest I've come to them are these ....

I think they're priced at just under £100 but wondered if anyone had any other brand that they could recommend:confused:

Al;)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Try Respro as they do similar to what you have pictured ,thing to remember is these are for use on track days racing etc and really only keep the worst off and dont have full weather protection like proper waterproofs, they do look good though !!:D

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Angoose;)

In my little search I've come across a picture of this fella ...

Now is it just me or does he look like Glen Richards to you:confused:

Al:D

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
yeah it does look like Glen Richards indeed !!! , all these racers love getting publicity even if just showing a set of waterproofs.

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
the alpinestars jacket i have is top notch!!!!:D as you can see from the pic i wore it in rain at cadwell & it never leaked, its tight fitting so it doesn't flap about at speed & it costs around £80 i got mine from hein gerike

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
I went to the fort and picked up a set of the ultra lightweight waterproof seperates

I used them up to skye all the way there and back in the rain and kept the majority of the wet out. there not totally waterproof but i only got wet from the water blowing up my jook [belly area]. Because they are so small they also go under the tnt seat so they are always available

The oxford one you pictured is very heavy and on mine the zip burst first time out

Alpinestars full suit have been getting a good right up in the mags for being very waterproof lately. They came in about £80 quid as I remember

This may be them
http://www.rocketclothing.co.uk/alp...roofs/alpinestars-el-nino-suit/prod_1121.html

Two wheels had a few others in last time i looked at aroung 30-40 squid

And that is Glen Richards, he has not made loads from racing and has really struggled to get a ride at times. He may well be getting a bit off Honda this year though. there was a good article in one of the bike mags this month about him.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I went to the fort and picked up a set of the ultra lightweight waterproof seperates

I used them up to skye all the way there and back in the rain and kept the majority of the wet out. there not totally waterproof but i only got wet from the water blowing up my jook [belly area]. Because they are so small they also go under the tnt seat so they are always available

The oxford one you pictured is very heavy and on mine the zip burst first time out

Alpinestars full suit have been getting a good right up in the mags for being very waterproof lately. They came in about £80 quid as I remember

This may be them
http://www.rocketclothing.co.uk/alp...roofs/alpinestars-el-nino-suit/prod_1121.html

Two wheels had a few others in last time i looked at aroung 30-40 squid

And that is Glen Richards, he has not made loads from racing and has really struggled to get a ride at times. He may well be getting a bit off Honda this year though. there was a good article in one of the bike mags this month about him.
I can vouch for the Alpinestars suit. Thats what I used in Scotland and it did not let a single drop of water in, even on the 4 hr trip back to the van in the rain. It is also windproof. Only slight downside based on your requirements is its not the most compact suit I have ever had - folds down into a reasonably small bag (and can be strapped round your waist if you dont want to put in the rucksack). It was a Ride best buy a while back which is why I bought it - last set were very compact but ****ing useless and nothing more annoying than your waterproofs flapping in the wind!

·
5,931 Posts
I have a one piece suit made by ixon.
None of the suits I have access to have a gusset in the sleeve, so I had a tailor modify mine to create one. The gusset allows the glove and Rain-Off overglove to slip inside the sleeve. That way, water doesn't run down the sleeve & into the glove.
If you guys know of a suit that already has this, let me know. In a couple of years, I'll be in the market again.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Frank Thomas Aqua Over suit

A bit of a bugger to get into (I should have bought a size bigger), but they work

250 miles of Irish Rain and still dry - Next day 150 miles of Welsh Rain and still dry.

Just don't get caught short as they take a little while to get in and out off :doh:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Expensive from what I gather, but how about the new Waterproof leathers that are available on the market these days ? I'm sure a mate of mine was looking at buying a Hein Gericke set of Waterproof Leathers so no doubt other makes are available ? :confused:

Has anyone got any Or tried them ?

Rukka example?

:D
Would love to find someone who has.. I am in the market for new leathers soon and was tempted to get some waterproof ones.

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Here's what I have:
Jacket: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/41/1417/ITEM/Tour-Master-Sentinel-Rain-Jacket.aspx
Pants: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/41/1414/ITEM/Tour-Master-Sentinel-Rain-Pants.aspx

This is by far the best rain suit I've ever used. Fits over riding gear, easy to get on/off, and I've worn it in some really nasty conditions and stayed perfectly dry. It's not as compact as some others, but a bargain for the price. After I bought it, I saw a short review in Cycle World magazine that give it highest ratings. :clap:

·
5,931 Posts
Here's what I have:
Jacket: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/41/1417/ITEM/Tour-Master-Sentinel-Rain-Jacket.aspx
Pants: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/41/1414/ITEM/Tour-Master-Sentinel-Rain-Pants.aspx

This is by far the best rain suit I've ever used. Fits over riding gear, easy to get on/off, and I've worn it in some really nasty conditions and stayed perfectly dry. It's not as compact as some others, but a bargain for the price. After I bought it, I saw a short review in Cycle World magazine that give it highest ratings. :clap:
Can you slip your glove & overglove gauntlets inside the sleeve easily?
I've always found it a painful exercise with elastic cuffs.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I liked the idea of Neely's waterproofs. They don't flap about!!
I looked them up when I got back.
As I recall, they were Revit 2-peice race rain suit costs £80.73 available in black or silver.
http://www.rev-it.co.uk/cat76_1.htm

As far as I know, they only fit over snug race leathers, which blows me out :(

I use Frank Thomas' Aqua Breathe 1-peice suite, which is about as good as this type gets.
My biggest problems are movement and getting it on and off.
As others I'm always on the lookout for an alternative, don't think I can afford to look at the Rukka set, let alone consider them. Besides, they're not the most stylish of leather suites :rolling:

Just found prices of Rukka set .............. £1200 for jacket, and ............... £1000 for jeans = £2200 OUCH! :eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts