Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows of any companys that do descent pattern part front discs preferably wavy. Seems I have slight warping to my front and although there not worn its a right pain and low speed

Dean

ps does anyone know of other makes that will fit directly on if that makes sense

cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Discs

I would expect any Brembo fitted Euro bike..... Ducati, MV, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi to have the same discs. Why don't you just get you stockers repaired?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Johnny O, I was kinda thinking (hoping) this may be the case so I will check some local bike shops. Didn't realise you could get the discs repaired :eek: . It would make much more sense as they only have 4k miles on them but I havn't a clue where I could get this done or even the price? Anyone from the UK poss give me a number (southeast area pref).

I emailed Galfer wavy discs but they dont list it so cant help as the lady (jo) said in her email to me :(

Any other makes you peeps may know about please put in a post

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wave baby

Hey there was a Tornado being sold recently on ebay from I think gp star that had wavys on it. Se if you can find it on ebay and contact the person or dealer that has it and see if they can guide you. Also, call KJM or 3Cross to see if they know where to get them from.
john

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the site. I reckon they should fit straight on. I spoke to my Uncle who has a TNT and he said he's 99% sure the front discs are the same. Have been checkin about and found that EBC will do front discs at £114.99 each. KJM will supply geniune for £179 but now I've found a few company's I might as well be fussy and see if I can get wavy discs. My father in law is German so I might just get him to call the people.

Worth knowin Johnny O not sure what experience you have had but I tried a few places about repairing the discs and just about everyone has said a big no no due to the fronts being floaters. Although its fine on the back and most trail bikes etc where the disc is fixed.

Been going right over the bike today doing all sorts of bits and pieces but still confused at to whether theres enough rad water and getting air out etc. I should really leave it alone as it never overheats but...well you know how it is!

Also anyone ever tried adjusting the front lights. I think mine are set wrong. On low beam they work fine pointing as they should but on full beam they are so far out I have to ride on the right side of the road for them to work properly. I'm not sure if its still set for italian roads and am looking into how I can adjust this now but has anyone else had to same prob in the UK??

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm surprised no one will repair rotors over there. I have had several warped Brembo rotors repaired here in California and it's saved a lot of money!
mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Headlight adjustment

Dean,
The workshop manual describes the headlamp adjustment.
The adjustment screws are on the back of the headlamp housing.
The Tre can be set up for left or right hand driving, but that only pertains to the low beam. The high beam spot can be moved in 2 dimensions. I've done it, worked fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Headlight adjustment

Managed to sort those lights cheers for that. Think I've got it 99% ok now. Used a MOT light measure thingy from a friends bike shop to sort it. Found the screws well fiddly and flimsy though! Still wont know 'til I ride out in night next.

Cant believe how many disc comapnys I've found...I was really struggling when I first put in the post! Any UK person try Busters they will do front and rear wavy discs for £320 inc carriage so reckon that might be my route. Still thinking on this disc mending as I cant see it being that bad after hearing what you lot have said despite some people back here at I cant see it costing more than £50 or so.

Cheers anyways people

Dean

ps still waiting on that warm weather....ride out today at 3 degrees soon made me turn back home :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts