Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I nipped down to Westgate road Newcastle today and what a dissapiontment.

Jings its changed in the last few years, only half the shops are now bike shops, and mostly dirt bike accessory shops

Only one I could find sold bar ends but luckily they had something to suit

just not as i remember it from years back:(

Good run though with 40mpg which is not bad considering:D

But my m8 got 47mpg on his gsx1400:mad:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yep you are correct, westgate hill is nowt like it used to be, i am local and only go there now and again, problem is there is little else local. ron d

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I served my time in South Shields, and regularly visited Westgate Road from 1975-79. In those days most premises were bike related. Saturdays was a road full of bikes parked on both sides. An impressive Mecca :D

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I served my time in South Shields, and regularly visited Westgate Road from 1975-79. In those days most premises were bike related. Saturdays was a road full of bikes parked on both sides. An impressive Mecca :D
It's a very sad and poor reflection of what it was.. Tis a shame, and as 'ron d' said, "there is little else local".. :(

·
Banned
44 Posts
The Hill

True what you say. I am born and bred on tyneside and have been a regular up the hill since i got my first bike, a triumph tiger cub, in 1965.:rolleyes: All it seams to be now is one big M & S shop. They are like a rash. :rolling:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts