Benelli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my normal :)rolling: ) riding mates could not make it today for our usual Sunday ride out, I went out on me own.. :)

All was warm and dry when I left my house in Sunderland. I headed to Durham, then to Lanchester. Road was getting damp, but no rain. I turned left to Wolsingham, right to Stanhope (rain started) then turned off left to go over the moors heading to Barnard Castle (lovely road).

As I climbed higher the rain started getting heavy and the wind picked up. Twas blowing a gale and rain was coming down in sheets. Still, it was warm enough and it's still a brill road even in the wet.

Rain eased off a bit at top so I took a few pics..

View attachment 1979
View attachment 1980
View attachment 1981

Stopped at Barny for coffee and cake, fuelled up and headed East toward Darlington.
Stopped ta take another pic of my "Pot of Gold" under a rainbow.. :)

View attachment 1982

Picked up the A19 and headed home. Just need Angus ta clean me bike and I'd have a perfect day.. :D

Sometimes it's nice to head off on your own. Only have yourself to please then.. ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Great Photos Stephen.. Glad you had a good blast on your own. :D

Sometimes its the only way. And sometimes much more enjoyable. :rolleyes:

Shame about the weather though - was dry around Cheshire all day.
But did not get out on the bike though....:bawl:
Still theres always tommorow :clap:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
That's a great pic with the bike under the rainbow matey! Glad u had fun ;)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Its good experience to try some wet riding as it sharpens your skills. Seeing as my bikes being used for custom exhaust I'd of gladly cleaned your Tornado to keep my hand in all things Benelli

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Just need Angus ta clean me bike and I'd have a perfect day.. :D
Goose has gone off the idea of cleaning bikes :( in certain events this September he just was not up for it (he's getting on a bit y'know), let alone supply the wash-girlies :rolling:

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
nice 1 mate

Hi stephen, she looks luverly even in the drab weather :clap:

ps was there a pot of gold on the tank when you got back on her? :D

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.. :) My riding friends and I don't go out in the rain as such, but we do go out when there's a chance of rain and hope for the best. Some of the best ride-outs we have had, have been when the weather forecast has not been favourable. Been caught out big time a few times as well, but it does mean we get out more often. Will ride until the salt gets put down, and even then, if it warms up and after heavy rain to wash the salt away, we'll be out. :D

pigs-might-fly, what time you setting off on Wednesday?

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
The unplanned ride outs are always the best, great that you enjoyed it although it rained. You would have sat in front of the telly otherwise :D

I never took my sportsbikes out in the rain but I intend doing what you said and riding till it at least the grit goes down this year

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's made me realise how much I miss having a Tornado ! :bawl:

BTW, what tyres are you running on and how do you find them in the wet ?

p.s. Nice looking Remus matey, at least the Sheep will here you coming !:rolleyes: Lucky for them I'd say ! ;) :D
I'm running Dunlop Qualifier RR's and find them great in the wet and dry. I got at least 4k out of the rear, still life left in the front. :)

I love me Remus, fitted and fettled by Russ. :clap:

As for the sheep, my mate Rob showed a strange attraction to one yearly this year.:rolling:

View attachment 1988

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The unplanned ride outs are always the best, great that you enjoyed it although it rained. You would have sat in front of the telly otherwise :D

I never took my sportsbikes out in the rain but I intend doing what you said and riding till it at least the grit goes down this year
My God, you know me soooo well.. :rolling:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
I'm running Dunlop Qualifier RR's and find them great in the wet and dry. I got at least 4k out of the rear, still life left in the front.

I love me Remus, fitted and fettled by Russ.

As for the sheep, my mate Rob showed a strange attraction to one yearly this year.:rolling:

View attachment 1988

:rolling: :bawl: :rolling: :bawl: :rolling:

Please don't tell me he shagged it to death ! :D

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:rolling: :bawl: :rolling: :bawl: :rolling:
Please don't tell me he shagged it to death ! :D
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
It wasn't dead.. Just a whore of a sheep, on it's back ready for action from ANY passing bikers.... :rolling:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts