Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find the 10 best things to answer to the question:

what are the turbines for ?

anyone willing to start?

:ele:

·
Registered
174 Posts
on my maiden journey on the Benelli one guy asked me that, and when I told him, his girlfriend said "oh, I thought they must have been smoke generators or something for when you're being chased by the police". :D

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I tend to tell them the craziest story of all - that someone decided optimal cooling could be achieved by placing a radiator under the seat and cooling it with 2 fans at the back away from the general airflow ... You should see their faces LOL

G

·
While at the Stafford show last year a young lad who was trying to impress a girl with his vast kowledge of bikes told her that Tornados had TWIN TURBO's on the back of them.

·
5,934 Posts
I tend to tell them the craziest story of all - that someone decided optimal cooling could be achieved by placing a radiator under the seat and cooling it with 2 fans at the back away from the general airflow ... You should see their faces LOL
Which is pretty much EXACTLY right - except for the airflow bit.

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
There just like the egg whisk that joe90 used to sit in ( am i showing my age now???)
or the engines out of the tardis. how about perambulator time shift generators?

I got asked what they were about 100 times and it always made me laugh :rolling:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Told a couple of young boys in the street who often poke there heads in to say hello when shed door is open, and are always asking questions. What are they for?? they were for reverse thrust to help slow down and so i dont have to push bike wards outa the shed.:D :D Like a reverse on an aeroplane they asked?? Just said you got it lads.:clap: :clap: Wow how cool:D :D . Got a bit embaressed a couple of days later when they came back with there old man Glenn and started explaining to him him what the fans did while he just stared at me with a smile on his face:rolling: :rolling:

·
5,934 Posts
Try telling my arse that on a hot summers day when I am sitting at traffic lights :rolling:
Imagine what it would be like on an MV! Now they are hot, in every sense of the word....
... BUT ..:confused: ... Hang on ...:confused: ...
The words "Solihul, UK" & "hot summers day" are not generally found in the same sentence. :confused:
Perhaps you're from Solihull, UAR? :rolling:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Imagine what it would be like on an MV! Now they are hot, in every sense of the word....
... BUT ..:confused: ... Hang on ...:confused: ...
The words "Solihul, UK" & "hot summers day" are not generally found in the same sentence. :confused:
Perhaps you're from Solihull, UAR? :rolling:

Hahah yes thats a very good point... I must have dreamt it! :doh: :rolling:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
how about it helps the air to get the f** out of the bike after some much pressure caused by the faster color (green obviously)?

·
Registered
147 Posts
My brother and I managed to convince three 15 year olds in Melton Mobrey that they were afterburners.

How the plastic blades would cope with the reheat Im not to sure.

Just shows you that it doesnt have to be plausible. So perhaps next time I will try to tell them that it is the Mr Fusion for chopping up the biofuel.

Aarron

1 - 20 of 34 Posts