Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Think someone posted what bikes they owned on a thread a while ago.

Check out the bikes I dramt of - in my album http://www.benelliforum.com/gallery/darthfazer_dreambikeswheniwas13

Would be nice to see what bikes you all dreamt of owning when you were a spotty teenager.

Then when reality struck you realised all you could afford and ride at 16 was a Yamamha FS1E!! Worth a small fortune now.

Remember in the early 80's when the RD250LC came out preceeded by the Suzuki X7.

These bikes had great acceleration and could be ridden on 'L' plates :D
Remember hearing about lots of accidents as teenagers could not handle the speed and handling!!! :doh:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
My First Bike on the road was the very same a Yamaha RD250LC with the first delivery in the UK coming with matching Bell helmet. remember the Bike adverts showed Barry Sheene Stood next to one saying something about what your parents would approve of ! - loved it , had it on finance at over £2K with interest and then proceeded to have a guy pull out in front of me three months in and wrote it off :doh: .

Most lusted when young (1981) was a Bimota HB2 when i used to go to David Dixon Racing in Goldaming and see the early Bimota's and i had an CB900 FA with Yoshi parts on . Rose Tinted Thread this cheers :)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I relay fancied a Kawasaki Z750 Turbo..
Nearly got too but newly married and money got spent on new kitchen, bathroom etc.. :doh:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Brough Superior
Vincent Black Shadow
:D

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
RD500LC.

At the time i thought it was the best lookin bike around.Also lusted after(in no particular order).Honda V4's(pre gear driven cams),Harris Magnum,FZ750 and NR750:D :ele:

In 2002 there was a poster given away in MCN which adorned my garage wall with a certain green and silver triple on it.Never thought i'd own one..............:clap: :clap: :jig:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What colour did they sell you?

In 2002 there was a poster given away in MCN which adorned my garage wall with a certain green and silver triple on it.Never thought i'd own one..............:clap: :clap: :jig:
http://www.benelliforum.com/gallery/darthfazer_rttw10102009/Fred_Shane

Hi Fred

But yours isn't Green/Silver. Did you see the bike in daylight b4 you signed the log book!!:doh:

Disclaimer - No offence meant to Fred......you bought a nelli afterall..

Hows it going buddy? You still busy as ever - working 7 days a week?

No wonder your hibernating on here..:D

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
My first bike was a ...1966 Honda C50 :eek: and I worked on a building site for 7 weeks to afford it!!
I went to college and bought a GT250 Ram Air, followed by the GT380. It was those years, visits to Westgate Road, Newcastle (it was Mecca in the 70's) I oggled at the likes of the GT750 Kettle, and the Kawa Z1 etc.

Later whilst travelling the world, in 1977 I bought a copy of Cycle in the US. Read of the Laverda Jota. There was a quote in it that stuck in my mind all these years; "this bike is for those people that in a previous life were either Stuka pilots or one-man torpedo riders". Wow! I thought :ele: however the $5k price tag tempered any thoughts of purchase :rolling:
I later lusted for the GS750 and GS1000, but like Stephen marriage/house put paid to those ideas :bawl: and I made do with a Honda 250 enduro.

Road riding got going again a couple of years later. I returned home from a trip looking for an RD400 to rag around Snowdonia. I clap eyes on an unloved 18mth old Ducati Darmah Sport. Pestered the wife for a few days and by the end of the week it was mine for little more than RD400 money. Brilliant bike, but so unreliable. I still lusted after a Laverda and also discovered the Ducati 900SS (bevel), but no money.
I eventually got my Laverda Jota in 1985, but we had to part 18mth later :(
In 1992 I pushed boat out (remortgage :eek:) and got my SFC1000. I also rode the 888 SP2 which was superb.
Benellis entered my life in 2000 when I was smitten by the TT protoypes. Finally got my Tornado 2yrs ago, and the LE replaced it this March :ele:

http://www.benelliforum.com/gallery/bobw_bikesofyouthandfantasy

I've never wanted to revisit my youthful dreams of GT Kettles, Z1's or GSthou etc. I have now got the bikes I wanted with exception of a Laverda 1000 Endurance race replica or (maybe) another Duke, a 998R.

OK there are others, which are pure fantasy: Any MV from the Agostini era, such as; MV Agusta 500 triple or MV Agusta 750s four; a Britten V-1000 :bow: ; and if money were truly no object (lottery LOL) I'd have a Laverda V6 replica made :bow: :cool:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
My early lustful days were fairly unimaginitive - I lusted after an FZR1000 exup for a while because it was the bike that got me into bikes - my mates dad had one and took me out on the back. When I had cleared out my pants I decided that was what I wanted. Had a thing for fireblades for a while, then lusted after (and owned) a Triumph speed triple. From 2002 though it was always the LE, so dream come true really!
If money were no object right now it would be Bimotas for me. Probably a DB5R or DB7.

·
Registered
319 Posts
At the age of 13 or 14, i had first contact with Ducati when they launched the 500Pantah. I put the poster from a motorcycle magazine to my wall and dreamt of that. I didn´t buy this one, but bought my 750SS in 1991 with the white frame and white wheels. Then a few years later, I bought the 900SS which I own until now. GuzziLM1 and Benelli Tornado were added. Tornado, I had first contact in 2002 or 2003 when it was launched and I had the chance to make a test ride at a local dealer. I was really stunned. But at that time, the price was unaffordable for me. Oh, my first bikes were Honda FT500, Honda NTV650 Revere...before i turned to Ducati.

For a long time, I am dreaming of an bevel 900SS, of a Bimota Tesi and recently of a Bimota DB5. Also Kawa W650 (wonderful bike). Oh.. so many bikes and so little money... :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
never really got into bike proper until I was 21 (other than lusting after any kid of bike - or perhaps Street Hawk ?)

once I passed my test -- I always fancied a Speed Triple -- and have now owned 3,
as well as 2 Daytonas, and a Tornado (I like triples :) )

Lust after now : another RS ?, Bimota Tesi / Vyrus, Norton Rotary, Ducati 1098/1198, VW Phoenix Trike

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
I tend to just love things I see on a spur ! I've always loved bikes but never really got into them until I passed my test, in my early 30's (Not that long ago ! :rolleyes: ) and the first bike I bought was the Daytona 955i which I loved.

I saw an MV in Streetbike, Halesowen which looked Fab, it was an F4 1000 tamburini Limited Edition, number 137 of 200 but slightly out of my price range at £32k :doh: although I purchased my very first Tornado, an imaculate 04 model from KJM just by seeing the advert, didn't actually see it in the flesh until the day I picked it up ! :D

here's the Tamburini !

:bawl:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 31 Posts