Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer is not so far away, but I am concerned about there knowledge of the TNT.

KJM in Wrightington

or

Bennets in Barnsley

Regards

·
Registered
74 Posts
dealer

Hi, kjm are the uk benelli importers and should know all aboutthem, i got my tornado from them, heard that bennets are also good
cheers nasty

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Why are you selling up Hector???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hector

its a Cafe Racer, i am after.

Why are you selling?

What are your thoughts about Benelli, in particular the TNT?

Thanks

Peter

·
463 Posts
Ive gone and bought an07 Gsxr 750,two reasons,1 Iwant to do more trackdays and whilst the Benelli is good its not ideal and 2 its taken 5 months for Benelli to get their act together and supply the parts to fix my bike so that time plus the other times its been off the road has broken the camels back so to speak. I still think its a georgeous bike but I can,t go out on rides knowing that i,ll get there but will it make it back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hector

Thanks for the reply.

Is reliabilty that bad???

maybe i should go with my second choice. A Duke 848.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think you would be fine with either of those dealers. As far as reliability goes my 05 TNT has been absolutely fine, apart from f*ck ups caused by the supplying dealer (note; DO NOT! let On Your Bike near a Benelli), and at least Benelli seem to be trying to fix any problems unlike some manufacturers who just deny there is a fault.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had a cafe racer untill yesterday, I too have bought a GSXR but a K7 1000, really do love the CR styling but have always been worried about the reliabilty issues. I ended up sorting most of my own issues (got tuneboy software etc, and got it running ok) BUT I will be going abroad again this year and really dont want to chance it, so when the GSXR deal came along it had to be.!!
Benelli do try to get issues sorted but it can take a while ( this seems to be a factor on the re-sale value also, The dealer I got it from did not want it back!!!, but got sorted else where in the end). I would say if you really want one then go for it but be prepared for issues and long delays. If you only want it as a toy and not go far then it is worth the crowd pull factor.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
PeterG

I've got an 04 TNT. After some initial problems, its pretty well sorted now and a f***ing hoot to ride. When I bought it, all my mates with Ducatis said "Just you wait" and they were right - You're not buying a Honda. Annoying little things will go wrong. As you will have read, major things could go wrong so you should definitely buy it from Bennetts or KJM.

Basically, if you want total reliability don't touch it. But if you want something different and can cope with the odd niggle, you'll be glad you did. Its a "mindset" thing. Obviously, I'd like reliability too but I'm prepared to accept a few probs. Of course, I would say that - My other bikes a rotary and my cars a Lotus

Q: Why are Italian bikes "individual"? Because not everyone buys one. Q: Why doesn't everyone buy one? Erm....reliability probably

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
blimey good job you lot aint car salesmen you would put people off even im having second thoughts on buying my trek now NOT I LIKE A CHALLANGE

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
benellidave

Thanks for your time this evening.

Not sure if I want the Test ride to go well or not. If i like the TNT, I will then have to get over this reliability thing!!!!

But the other side of says, aah b*****s if i like the bike, just go and order one.

Will let you know either way.

Thanks Again.

Peter

·
Tricky
59 Posts
I have 3500 miles on my 07 TNT and had no problems other than the brake level braking off in my hand. It has taken along time for spares though I got knocked off in October and the swing arm has only just arrived in the country.
Cheers
Richard
Ps If you do long miles get some padded cyling shorts they are a godsend!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts