Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just gathering a few thoughts on what you all regard as warranty work on our machines. I have the usual resetting clock problem which does not bother me that much but more diserning is paint pealing from the lowers on the leading edge, that is the front facing 3/4 inch. Has anyone had this and if so was it rectified under warranty. Oh forgot to mention its only 6 months old with 2000 miles.

Cheers Guys

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Short answer is yes....quite a few people have had this problem - including myself. Basically the lower panels on the Green/Silver and Red Tornado's are just sprayed with no preparation to the plastic finish. After a while the paint starts to lift or comes off when hit by debris I.E. stones. I had several replacement panels sent to me before I excepted two that had a reasonable finish on them....by that I mean good paint coverage. The only way to get a good set is to take them to a bodyshop and get them primed and painted properly.... :\

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will add that Brian Harris who looks after Benelli parts and warranty claims at KJM was very good about it and could not be more helpful. You can contact him on 01257 485222 or email: [email protected].... :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help, I'll give them a call and see what happens, keep you all informed to the result.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We've replaced panels for our customers under warranty as well. It's a shame, but I'm sure it isn't Benelli, but whoever they contract to produce and paint their bodywork. I'm hoping that the 2006s are better prepped.

Joel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had shed loads of work done on mine, New clutch, new engine, now possibly a new camshaft! Paint work is honestly the least of my worries at the moment, and I think if the truth be told, the amount of @#%$ I have had with mine, it would have been cheaper to just give me a new bike!

The main concern is that I still want to persevere with this bike because I love it to bits (even if I haven't managed to ride it properly yet!)

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help, KJS put onto a local company Bennetts at Barnsley who have ordered the replacement panels and new gear shift rubber. Just waiting for a call to take the old beast in. They tell me that Benelli are now working very hard to recifiy warranty work and have had no problems in getting parts so far. All sounds good to me!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brian Harris @ KJM

With regards to the panels chipping in the green/silver models, I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this problem. Brian Harris from KJM is coming to my house either Monday or Tuesday to pick my bike up to have it repaired so I'll have to mention this problem to him as well. He does seem like a very nice bloke and I have a feeling that he will do everything he can to see that I have a bike that I can be proud of:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts