Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm on holiday in Umbria. The bike's running fine, but I've got the yellow 'K' waring light coming on sometimes. Oil and water fine, not overheating. My manual is at home in London. Any ideas, or do I need to take it to a dealer? I'm only about 150 miles from the factory.....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Warnings are accompanied by the red LED with either OIL, H20 or BAT flashing on the display, the only yellow (amber) light (in the row of indicators across the top of the panel) is low fuel

unless someone knows differently

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mine would come on all the time. I was cruising down the freeway one day and happened to look down just as it flicked on. The engine was purring and there was no indication of anything wrong. Since having a new map put in which has solved a considerable chunk of idle and missing issues, it's stayed off. So the injector warning light coming on for no apparent reason could be related to an overly rich map causing the sensors to think there is an injector issue when there is not. My understanding of the light is that once it's on, it stays on for a day before the ECU turns it off again. If in doubt though, get your mechanic to check it out as the fault code that triggered it should be retained by the ECU in memory.

ciao
Derek

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Sometimes a weak connection between the injectors and there plug connectors can throw up a fault.
I had this awhile ago after the bike got wet (dam this British weather) took of the plugs sprayed with wd40 and pushed the connectors back on………..problem solved
vtxbrit

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for tips

Thanks for those replies. Seems to be causing no harm, so I'll get it checked when I get home. By the way, even close to the factory I've only seen one TNT and one Trek all week - bikes are mainly Jap and Ducatis. No big Aprilias either. Great biking area if anyone gets the chance to visit.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I know what the yellow 'K' light means

I was going round the north circular today at around 70 when the K light came on, and this time the engine lost all power..... Made it across 2 lanes of traffic and pulled in. It's in for repair now, I'll post the results. It was showing an error code. Anyone else had this?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello,

mine got actually on because the + battery pole was loose.

Another issue I had on my battery was that the -battery pole was not soldered at all. In order to see it you need to remove the black plastic strip on the top of the battery. Before you do this make sure that the pole is really loose.

Just have a look. Both issues are easy to be resolved.

Best regards

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts