Benelli Forum banner

What fits what?

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  GBo 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if an 1030 rods and block upwards fits into a 900 crankcase and bottom end....

#2 ·
No.
Not as simple as that, crank (longer throw), rods (shorter), barrels different (pistons need to be matched to the block),lower cases need machining , head , cams.
Where do you think you will find these parts, it might take you the rest of your life to find good used serviceable parts.
Best look for an 1130 motor complete and sell your 900.Externally the engines are the same but internals are vastly different.
What bike are you considering modifying, member Gbo converted his Tre K if I remember correctly.

#8 ·
...the one thing I'd be careful with on an engine that comes from a bike that's been taken apart is WHY was that bike scrapped. On the 900's, the factory supplied them with the tip over switch disconnected / disabled. A few years ago I remember doing a poll on the forum and IIRC only about a third of respondents did the mod to enable it. For the other 2/3, if their bike went down, the engine would continue to run whilst the bike was on its side, until someone actually pressed the kill switch. Not good for that engine. A bike that had fallen over with the engine running at standstill could end up with an engine damaged beyond repair (it would look good from the outside, though)

Again, that was the case with the 900's, no idea about the 1030's, but I very much doubt Benelli did anything about that issue (due diligence, more things for you to find out about :)

Have a look here Tip over switch

#13 ·
...the one thing I'd be careful with on an engine that comes from a bike that's been taken apart is WHY was that bike scrapped. On the 900's, the factory supplied them with the tip over switch disconnected / disabled. A few years ago I remember doing a poll on the forum and IIRC only about a third of respondents did the mod to enable it. For the other 2/3, if their bike went down, the engine would continue to run whilst the bike was on its side, until someone actually pressed the kill switch. Not good for that engine. A bike that had fallen over with the engine running at standstill could end up with an engine damaged beyond repair (it would look good from the outside, though)

Again, that was the case with the 900's, no idea about the 1030's, but I very much doubt Benelli did anything about that issue (due diligence, more things for you to find out about :)

Have a look here Tip over switch
Hi Lucian just googled the dtm04-3p and its a triangular plug which looks nothing like the one in your piccy ???

#9 ·
With most things it comes down to trust or warranty. People being what they are. naturally ignore things which counter their views, and naturally cling to things which heighten them. So sometimes a fault may be subconsciously erased from memory. It’s always better to do a deal face to face as you get other clues about the person you are dealing with. Although I did hear a report once saying it was easier to lie on tv rather than radio, because you can fake the visual clues more easily. I got my engine from eBay and the only issue I had with it was a cracked clutch casing but I had a spare so no problem. €2500 euros seems a bit expensive though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.