Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Brisbane Kid
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my brand new Benelli TNT 899t got delievered today. Got to be the best day of my life. Went for a cruise over a local mountain here and had the best time. Used more then half a tank of fuel and came home.

Then the thought hit me. What fuel does this thing run on?

I know there are some high performance bikes that require high octane petrols, like BP Ultimate 98 for example. But I have also heard that some bikes are designed for particular octanes and running ones tha are too high for them will damage them.

So can anyone enlighten me on what petrol should be run through a 2008 model TNT 899t.

Thanks for the help, Bradley

Ok so I just read the user manual (should have done that first in hind sight.) And it says to use 95 or better. So let me change the questions to, should i run 98? or just run 95?

·
1,841 Posts
Hi Bradley, If you are in oz then when I googled it looks like you have generally 3 grades 1)unleaded 91 octane 2) premium unleaded 95 octane and 3) High octane premium unleaded 98 octane.
The premium unleaded 95 octane should be fine. I use 95 octane in my RS900. Higher octane wont harm the engine only your pocket.
Have fun on your new Nelli :ele:
colin.

·
Registered
403 Posts
fuel

Hi Bradley, If you are in oz then when I googled it looks like you have generally 3 grades 1)unleaded 91 octane 2) premium unleaded 95 octane and 3) High octane premium unleaded 98 octane.
The premium unleaded 95 octane should be fine. I use 95 octane in my RS900. Higher octane wont harm the engine only your pocket.
Have fun on your new Nelli :ele:
colin.
Some say stay away from shell, dont know why ( yes Australia). My manual says 95 or better, I use BP ultimate, little bit pricey but, it's only a sunny day bike.

Now that being said, I know a couple of fuel loaders that deliver to BP and such, and they freely admit if they havent got enough "ultimate" something else will make up the numbers. :doh: :doh:.

So based on that, 95 should do it. :D

·
The Brisbane Kid
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for the help guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts