Benelli Forum banner
341 - 353 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Enjoy the summer. We're plunging into the depths of winter in this part of the world. :(
Enjoy the Summer, yes well that is what I did yesterday.
A Grand tour of Central Wales.
08.00 start, crossed the border at Monmouth, old road to Abergavenny, Crickhowell, Myndd Duu cafe , ace cooked breakfast and coffee, Talgarth, Builth, Beula,Cefn Fannog, Back through the Irfon and Tywi forests to Tregarron. North on B4343, Slight detour to see the Teifi lakes , and back to go on to Cwmystwyth. Back over the top into the Elan valley and down into Rhayader. A44 to Crossgates and a coffee stop. Penybont, LLanfihangel nant Melah, and on to Kington. Eardisley, Letton and on to Hereford, fuel stop, running on fumes by now. South to Symonds Yat , over the top and back through the Forest of Dean to home. 200 miler all day with stops.

Never missed a beat , but it was hot. A grand day out and 200 miles on Big Nell.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Last weekend I went to the Benellimotobiclubgb rally in Scarborough 235 miles from home great ride and good to meet up with fellow Benelli owners. Thanks for Steve ,Val,Pete and Wendy for organising it.
Longest run the 900 Sei has had for two years over 550 miles over the weekend . It was soo good getting out and about and has cured my two wheel withdrawal symptoms!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Pretty sure rear brake pads aren’t meant to look like this!
Also my cunning plan to put a 41 tooth rear sprocket has kinda failed ! Guess what size is already on? Yes that’s right 41 tooth. What a muppe.
Nope they aren’t.. where’s the backing plate gone

·
Registered
824 Posts
The backing plate is still in the calliper. I pulled the back wheel out and the friction material fell on the floor. They are ebc and about 2 years old, not good lol

·
Registered
933 Posts
Never seen that before. I reckon you should contact the manufacturer. That's a safety issue if I've ever seen one.
Seen it loads of times, it is particularly common with under slung rear calipers. wet roads and the pads gets saturated. Put the bike away where it does not dry out and the pad material de laminates from backing plate.
Low miles , infrequent use, damp storage all start the failure.

·
Registered
127 Posts
This afternoon, from Llandeilo to Aberaeron, then up the coast road to Aberystwyth and back via Tregaron - lot less traffic than I expected ( farmers poised for 2nd silage cut) so a delightful 77 miles - the throttle response is creamy - Friday was Llandovery to Builth - the road has been repaved except, for the Sugar Loaf which is lethal - 80 miles - just a couple of good days left then the rain returns. Oh yes and Shell V Power is now £1.48 - nothing but the best for the Tre!

341 - 353 of 353 Posts