Benelli Forum banner
361 - 375 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Went to to the Italian night at the Ace Cafe last night and met up with some friends. We were talking about a friend who had a 250 2c and wondered whether he still had it! There was the the sound of a two stroke coming and up pops Jim on his 250 2c👍 Had seen Jim in a few years and his bike was looking good. Someone with a water cooled Kawasaki had overheating problems but my air cooled 900 Sei was ok.
If any body wants to join us we go up every 2nd Thursday of the month.

Reactions: jasmi0

·
Registered
2004/54 Tornado 900, 2021 BMW K1600 GTLE, 2014 Yamaha R6 race bike
21 Posts
Loving all these pictures of people enjoying the classics. Magnificent, and I would absolutely love an SEi.

I have been spending today, well most of this week actually, trying to fix this in time for my next day in a couple of weeks. I accompanied my 20 year old on his second ever trackday, and set this magnificent example of quality parenting, showing him exactly what not to do ..... :rolleyes:

I would very much recommend not doing this!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Car
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting
Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive fuel system Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Martin.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Loving all these pictures of people enjoying the classics. Magnificent, and I would absolutely love an SEi.

I have been spending today, well most of this week actually, trying to fix this in time for my next day in a couple of weeks. I accompanied my 20 year old on his second ever trackday, and set this magnificent example of quality parenting, showing him exactly what not to do ..... :rolleyes:

I would very much recommend not doing this!

View attachment 38281 View attachment 38282 View attachment 38283 View attachment 38284 View attachment 38285

Martin.
Hope you told him …
“this is how not to it” “learn from other’s mistakes” ect ect ..
followed by “don’t tell your mum”
Lol !
hope your ok though

·
Registered
2004/54 Tornado 900, 2021 BMW K1600 GTLE, 2014 Yamaha R6 race bike
21 Posts
Hope you told him …
“this is how not to it” “learn from other’s mistakes” ect ect ..
followed by “don’t tell your mum”
Lol !
hope your ok though
Yep, absolutely!! Luckily, my wife just rolls her eyes and takes the piss when I have talent failures like this. Thankfully, I seem to crash well too - only damage is to my wallet, and a few more scuffs in the leathers.

Martin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 38279
View attachment 38278

Went to to the Italian night at the Ace Cafe last night and met up with some friends. We were talking about a friend who had a 250 2c and wondered whether he still had it! There was the the sound of a two stroke coming and up pops Jim on his 250 2c👍 Had seen Jim in a few years and his bike was looking good. Someone with a water cooled Kawasaki had overheating problems but my air cooled 900 Sei was ok.
Red one is so cool

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
View attachment 38279
View attachment 38278

View attachment 38279
View attachment 38278

Is that a blue ZXR 400 in the background or the 250 import. I had a 1991 ZXR 400 way back . I did a shed load of miles on it including trips to Europe. Sold it eventually ,and then saw it in a local dealers with 95 K miles on it. Still running very sweetly and all original. £1500 bargain.

·
Registered
672 Posts
saw this rare classic being used probably the most expensive bike in the car park

Attachments

Reactions: RobShed and Rick67

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I would still rather have a Benelli. They are a disease, an affliction,an itch you can not scratch. How many times have you been asked about the bike ?
Had the old vintage relics,moved on . No interest in the latest flash machine, stuck in the middle with a Benelli.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I like an appreciate all motorcycles big and smalll and take my hat of to the man with the Vincent it dripped oil and was not perfect but he was enjoying riding it! How many Superbikes are sold with only a few 1000 miles on the clock having never been used. The owner was 74 years old and he had fitted 18” rims instead of 19” and had had the seat lowered so he could ride it still.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Oil, the main reason I got rid of my old stuff. If there was nothing dripping out of them , there was none in them.
Go back to the 60,s and bikers were called "greasers" they had the alluring smell of old engine oil or Castrol R.

361 - 375 of 375 Posts